“A great beach to spend the day”
Review of North Beach Park

North Beach Park
Ranked #3 of 31 things to do in Racine
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Our family spent an entire day at North Beach and we had a great time. The beach was not very busy until the late afternoon so there was plenty of places to stakeout for the day. The water is on the cold side but our 13 year old daughter and her friend still went out and swam. There are life guards stationed at about every 100 yards on the beach. There is a beach oasis that serves drinks, alcoholic and non, and light snacks and also houses bathrooms that include showers. I would definitely visit this beach again.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was a beautiful beach. So glad we made a point of stopping here. Beach was clean and the view was wonderful.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Most of the time I simply LOVE living near the beach/lake. I walk along the beach often. There is a small gathering some mornings just before sunrise wrapped in blankets to watch the sunrise. THE only day I dont love living here and do at the same time is on the FOURTH of July. It is so crowded, I cant find parking for my own ON the street parking in front of my townhouse, and on the FIFTH of July, I walk a half block in both directions cleaning up the sidewalks and curbs and street as well, from trash and debris from visitors for the fireworks. The amount of disregard this year, for personal firework safety was blatant up and down our street, and if I sound like I dont like fireworks, your assumption is wrong... I love fireworks but not some of the stuff that goes along with disregard or disrespect for others.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Racine's North Beach was named to Family Life Magazine's list of the top ten beaches in the USA. With other beaches in Hawaii, Florida, and California, many were surprised that North Beach made the cut. Racine locals are not surprised at all.

With a huge Pirate Ship themed play land for children, extensive picnic areas in shaded spots for family gatherings, a clean and efficient Cantina, and stage for lice musical acts, it is no wonder this city gem made the list of top ten beaches for families!

Volleyball nets are set up with pick-up games encouraged, staff is visible on site maintaining the cleanliness of the entire park, and lake-rescue trained lifeguards are at their posts to ensure swimmer safety.

Any summer visit to Racine, WI is not complete without a day trip to North Beach. The views are spectacular, the peso ole are friendly, and the water...well, it's cold! However, on some of our hottest summer days, Lake Michigan can be very refreshing. The water is also checked regularly for safe swimming.

These are all excellent reasons to head down to North Beach with your family and a picnic lunch! If a packed lunch isn't possible, the Cantina can offer many culinary delights!

2  Thank Ablushingbrideagain
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've been going here for years. It's like a great kept secret. This beach is so beautiful and clean. I feel like I'm in the tropics when I go here.

3  Thank kimhR153SV