“Fun!”

Kewpee Sandwich Shop
Ranked #4 of 251 Restaurants in Racine
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had to travel to Racine for work today. Passed Kewpee on the way to my destination, and the cute sign (showing a retro Kewpee Doll line drawing) got my attention. After my meeting, I went to check it out for a quick lunch stop. I ate at the counter. Even if seated, you order off of the board, and the server brings it - very quickly! Delicious burger, fries, and "homeade" Rootbeer made on site. It was so good that I had to ask for a second burger to take for the road. A bit like stepping back in time. Good service. One burger, fries, and Rootbeer only set me back $4.34 before tip! It's cash-only (with an ATM in the back in case you don't have any on you). I hope to return! Burger and Rootbeer were especially good!

1  Thank MilwaukeeMutti

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a fine place for simple hamburger fare with delicious malts and shakes made the old fashioned way. The collection of Kewpee dolls can be viewed from the counter stools or booths. A longtime tradition for a reason.

1  Thank 670lme
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are looking for the best old fashioned hamburger place, this is it ! The burgers are juicy and delicious ! Always get the fries and a root beer (no ice, please !) It feels like an old fashion diner, with the "Kewpee" dolls on display taking you down memory lane ! Prices are more than reasonable .... also offer chili which is good, and shakes, of course. just pick out a stool at the counter and enjoy !

1  Thank sisafrisWisconsin
Reviewed 22 May 2014

One of the best cheeseburger, root beer, fries around!

I always try to make a trip to Kewpee's when I return to my hometown. I find it funny when people call the restaurant "not fancy" etc. What would they have thought of the dingy (but still delicious) place that was essentially surrounded by a parking garage?

For under $15 including tip, you and a friend can get great cheeseburgers, "HOMEMADE" root beers (with a free refill) and fries. You can't beat that.

My daughter, who has only been to Racine twice before, thought it was "unfair" that I went to "that cheeseburger place" without her during my last solo visit. And this is from a girl who lives about 800 miles away!

1  Thank c k w
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I've been going to this restaurant for my whole life and I consider it a landmark for Racine. The decorating is filled with Kewpee dolls and sports an old fashioned counter with stools and a few tables. Nothing fancy, basic stuff that is clean. Always very busy at peak meal times, you usually have to wait for your food. It seems they do a brisk carry out business too. The staff could be more friendly and respond more quickly to the tables. The most important thing is the great taste of the food. The burgers are outstanding in flavor! Truly amazing chile, fries and of course the root beer.
A very basic and limited menu, that is fresh and Delicious!

1  Thank Sarah R