“Give it Time...New Owners”

Quality Inn Reedsburg
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reedsburg
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

New owners have recently purchased this property. Renovations are beginning and when finished should be wonderful. Breakfast was good. Front desk staff very friendly and staff in general great. All personal tries to please the guest.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Dirty rooms. Broken tiles in bathroom and the room needed a serious vacuuming.

I seriously had to pull the covers back to make sure the sheets were clean. The room was horrible. Week never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ReweyWis
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here on business and it was great. The room was a little dirty when I showed up but they cleaned it and changed the sheets again immediately. The bathroom was by far the largest and nicest of the three that I stayed at during my trip and the queen shower with adjustable shower head was great. The staff was very friendly and attentive to all of my needs. There are only three things I would recommend to make it a slightly better stay.
1. Increase the temperature in the hot tub (but the jets kind of make up for it).
2. Have an actual comforter on the bed.
3. Have someone take a look at the card readers for the rooms. My group had to have our cards reactivated multiple times.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Nice beds better than last years beds.Exellent service.Close to dells so you don't waste gas on going to dells.Good breakfast enough food for my kids.Pool is a little colder than usual but ok to swim in.Hot tub is great.I would stay at this Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ronak P
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We recently stayed one night at the Quality Inn Reedsburg on a Saturday night. We took a mini trip to the WI Dells area for my mom's birthday weekend, mainly to visit Ho Chunk Casino. After having a very hard time finding hotels with availability in WI Dells and Baraboo, we decided to make a reservation at the Quality Inn Reedsburg. There are also so many hotels in WI Dells now that require a 2-night minimum on the weekends. It was nice to be able to make a reservation for one night in Reedsburg. It was only about a 15 minute drive to Ho Chunk, and a 20 minute drive to WI Dells. We had stayed at this property in 2007 when it was still a Comfort Inn. It seems to have gone downhill since that time, but it is better than other hotels we have stayed at in Reedsburg.

We arrived at the hotel at about 3:30 in the afternoon to check in. Missy at the front desk was friendly and professional with the check-in process. We were very quickly checked in and taking luggage to our room. We had a room on the 2nd floor facing the back, or Furniture Barn side. There is not an elevator here, so be prepared to carry heavy luggage up the stairs if you get a 2nd floor room. There is not much to look at other than a huge furniture store when you get a room on the back side. Overall, though, the room was quiet and peaceful. For the most part, everything seemed clean and orderly in the room. The window curtain had a large rip in it, which was a turn-off. Our room was also rather hot and humid, so we turned the AC on, and set it to 73 on the thermostat. The thermostat was showing that it was 78 in the room. We stayed in the room to relax for about an hour after arriving, by which time the AC had only dropped the temperature to 77. It still felt very stuffy in the room. We didn't think much of it since we planned on being gone at the Casino most of the night. We returned to the hotel by about 11:30 at night. The temperature was still 77 in the room and it did not feel cool at all. The AC was also making a very loud noise, so loud that we could not hear each other talk or the TV over the noise. We were forced to shut off the AC if we wanted to get any sleep, but it clearly wasn't working effectively anyway. That made for a very uncomfortable night of sleep. It was so hot and humid in our room all night. Changing rooms was not an option due to the hotel being full on a busy Dells weekend, so we had to stick it out. I did not sleep well because of waking up every hour or two sweated wet. My mom and dad had similar experiences with sleep quality. We are blaming it on the AC not working. With the AC off, it was up to 81 in the room and humid by morning, when we finally just got up at 7:00. It had risen to 83 in the room by the time we checked out at 9:30 or so. We also tried turning the AC on again in the morning, but it again made the loud, unbearable sound, so we were forced to shut it off. The AC not working in hot, muggy conditions was a major inconvenience we faced during this hotel stay.

Another issue I had was using the Internet computer in the lobby. I used it twice--once in the evening and once in the morning. Both times, the computer would not let me on the Internet, saying there was no connection. In the evening, the gentleman at the front desk kindly helped me to get it connected, so I could browse the Internet. In the morning, though, the woman at the front desk was no help and had "no idea" how to get it on-line. That was a minor inconvenience, as we needed some directions.

We did not eat the continental breakfast here because we had plans to eat breakfast out at one of our favorite restaurants in the Dells. However, the area seems very small for a breakfast area. I grabbed a donut off the breakfast right after I got up to hold me over until our breakfast in the Dells, and I did not think this breakfast had a very big selection.

We did use the pool area in the morning for about 45 minutes. The pool was very cold, and we did not spend much time in there before deciding it was too cold. The hot tub only seemed lukewarm, and we are definitely used to hot tubs being hotter. It seemed kind of dirty in the hot tub. The pool area needs to be better maintained. Additionally, the pool is supposed to open at 8:30 AM. We had to ask a front desk employee to open it when it was still closed at 8:35. She did not bother to turn the lights on or anything, and seemed put out by having to open it.

When we went to check out, we mentioned the AC issue once again to the morning desk clerk (the same one who had to open the pool). The only response we got was a disgruntled "Uh huh". We were not expecting a free stay or anything, but a slight discount on the room would have been nice or even a simple apology or acknowledgement that the issue would be fixed for a future guest. She seemed very indifferent about it, and this turned us off.

Overall, this was not the worst hotel experience we've ever had, but improvements are needed here. This is still probably the best hotel in Reedsburg where there are limited choices, but it definitely went downhill since our last stay here. We will probably look elsewhere next time unless the property is updated a bit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark E
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Our visit started with a filthy parking lot, then we had a filthy room, and the trip ended with a filthy hot tub! **Beware of the white foam in the hot tub, we found short, curly human hair floating in it! YUK** Should just call it the Drunkards Motel!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank d z
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Found this property on Choice Hotels .com I found that everything was exactly in line with what was advertised. Check in was fast and efficient, room was clean and organized and offered exactly what I needed...a place to hang my hat for 1 night while in town on business. Being a Platinum member with Choice hotels I find that most of their properties are in line with what star level they advertise.

Room Tip: Traveling 100 plus nights a year I find that upper level end of the hall is about the best location...