“Breakfast needs attention”

Quality Inn Reedsburg
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reedsburg
“Breakfast needs attention”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We've stayed here each summer for the past 3 years. It's been a decent, lower-cost alternative to staying in the Dells. This year it looks like the place is undergoing renovation, as the hallways were torn-up, and our bathroom floor looked to be under some sort of construction. My kids were disheartened to see that the pool was closed, and was going to remain closed for the duration of our visit. These were minor annoyances, but my biggest beef was the breakfast. Yes, it's continental, and I've already adjusted my expectations from prior visits, but this time it was awful. We went down around 8:30 to find a tiny amount of cold eggs, and all other "warm" foods were empty. The orange juice from the machine was not mixing properly. Nobody appeared to be checking on the items or have any interest in refreshing them. We ended-up going into town for breakfast. Also, the wifi was temperamental and slow.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Racine, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I would never stay at this hotel again. The room did not smell fresh, and the carpet was covered with spots. No way would I go bare footed in that room. The pool was cold and murky. I inquired at the front desk why the water looked so bad. I was told the pool was clean, that it just was an issue with the chemicals and the local water. Funny the hotel down the road had a pool with warm water and it was crystal clear. Needless to say we did not use the pool.
The staff was not particularly friendly, and the mattress we slept on had a spring you could hear when you turned over.

We usually choose to stay at Choice brand hotels, but this was the worst Quality Inn we ever stayed at.

3 Thank Barbara C
Westminster, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My mother and I stayed at the Quality Inn Reedsburg for one night. Luckily we were able to check in early and only after our room was assigned, did we find out there is no elevator. We were also surprised to find a group of painters working in the hallway which the clerk (Missy) did not mention. We tried to rest before dinner, but the noise from the hallway was too loud. My mother is clearly elderly, so a room on the ground floor would have been better suited for us but Missy did not offer when we checked in. The room itself was fine. The beds were comfortable and the AC worked fine. The breakfast was on the skimpy side: only white toast as the bread choice, the yogurt flavors were "Boston Cream Pie" and "Spiced Apple Pie" (um, no, thank you), the ubiquitous waffle maker and some 'eggs' and sausages, and coffee was just okay. When we checked out, the entire conversation I had with Missy was 'Here's your receipt'. Not thank you or have a great day which is the minimum I would expect from any hotel.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the ground floor.
2 Thank Singapore_Carla
WI - USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

New owners have recently purchased this property. Renovations are beginning and when finished should be wonderful. Breakfast was good. Front desk staff very friendly and staff in general great. All personal tries to please the guest.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Rewey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Dirty rooms. Broken tiles in bathroom and the room needed a serious vacuuming.

I seriously had to pull the covers back to make sure the sheets were clean. The room was horrible. Week never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ReweyWis
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here on business and it was great. The room was a little dirty when I showed up but they cleaned it and changed the sheets again immediately. The bathroom was by far the largest and nicest of the three that I stayed at during my trip and the queen shower with adjustable shower head was great. The staff was very friendly and attentive to all of my needs. There are only three things I would recommend to make it a slightly better stay.
1. Increase the temperature in the hot tub (but the jets kind of make up for it).
2. Have an actual comforter on the bed.
3. Have someone take a look at the card readers for the rooms. My group had to have our cards reactivated multiple times.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Nice beds better than last years beds.Exellent service.Close to dells so you don't waste gas on going to dells.Good breakfast enough food for my kids.Pool is a little colder than usual but ok to swim in.Hot tub is great.I would stay at this Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ronak P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedsburg
Voyageur Inn and Conference Center
BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#6 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & ...
#15 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#17 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center

Been to Quality Inn Reedsburg? Share your experiences!