“DO NOT STAY!!”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Reedsburg
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“DO NOT STAY!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lights didn't work, rooms smell horrible, had 1 bath towel, another room had no towels at all. The door locks broken, no water pressure in showers, very shady people lingering around. We were pretty certain they rent these rooms out by the hour. I would recommend finding a nice bench at the local park (the beds were uncomfortable), you will be safer and feel cleaner and have less regrets.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay!! There is a reason why you found vacancy here. On the bright side the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kateri K

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dollar Bay, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Hmmm, where do I start. I could have paid an extra fifteen-twenty dollars for a descent place. I set up the stay thinking their would be a nice pool, but it failed to tell me it has been drained for the last 2 years. It looks like people are actually living in the motel and the people freak me out by the constant staring. Upon arrival, I cancelled the 2nd night's stay, due to the atmosphere. I even went to the store down the road to pick up mace for me and my daughter; that is how uncomfortable I was. It is run down and their are panels and a toilet paper holder in the shower; I am not kidding. I guess if you like a hillbilly atmosphere, this might me right for you. I have stayed at other motels for less and had all the amenities, I needed. The only amenities that I had was a packet of shampoo and conditioner.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10-$20 for a popular motel like Super 8, Ramada etc.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Disapp0inting1

Travellers are raving about these Reedsburg hotels

Cashton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 July 2013

They have very comfy beds, nicely clean rooms and bathrooms. Very quiet place to stay. Very nice and friendly service! Have a park for the kids to run off energy. The price was just right. Its a perfect stay for a reasonable price. I loved my stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This was our second trip to Reedsburg to visit friends. The first time we stayed in "another" hotel but because it is high season, that one was ridiculously expensive. So we decided to try Motel Reedsburg and save some money. You get what you pay for! It is very run down. Looks bad from the outside. The "office" is very worn and depressing looking. Check in was quick, they had our reservation, all was in order. We went to our room and opened the door. A disinfectant odor immediately hit us in the face. Clean smelling is one thing, but it almost appeared they were trying to hide something. We had two queen beds that had very old bedspreads, broken dressers, handles missing off of furniture, etc. Very run down... Very small outdated bathroom...BUT, try as I might, I could not see anything that wasn't clean. No mold or mildew, no bugs, no dust or dirt, no cobwebs. New fridge, new microwave. I wanted to find one excuse to get my money back and leave...but I could find no real reason not to stay. The beds were comfortable enough...thin wimpy pillows, but the place was quiet and we slept well.

BOTTOM LINE: This is a hotel for a stopover for one night...just to sleep and leave early the next morning. It's old, needs lots of TLC, but clean. It is set back off of the street, but one really doesn't have to worry about it "being in the bad part of town" (it's Reedsburg for heavens' sake!) So, if you want to pay half of what the other three hotels in town charge...go for it, but I wouldn't recommend it...next time, I'm going somewhere else!!

Room Tip: I'm thinking that if you want a good room...you should probably stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jlwilm
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I went to visit relatives near Reedsburg in early June 2013. Since we were late in planning our trip, which was the weekend of the local HS graduation, all the local motels/hotels were full. Since the price was cheap we weren't expecting the Ritz. To it's credit there was no livestock in the bed or crawling the floors (even checked during a middle of the night bio-run) ,and it sits back off the main street so there was no road noise. It did have a microwave, small fridge, and TV as advertised, but that's where the positive aspects of the room end! There was a deadbolt lock w/o the bolt, the security chain had no mating part on the door, the two sides of the curtains had been hooked together to keep them closed as one side was short a carrier on the rod, the sheets were worn thin, the smoke detector battery expired and started beeping in the middle of the second night, there was no hair dryer (did borrow one from office) at the end of the weekend my shower flip flops look like I had walked across a newly paved asphalt parking lot. Apparently, the carpet had not been cleaned in years. Stay at your own risk, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for or maybe less. Don't set your expectations high.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
preious1976
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I loved our stay at this Motel. I have family in Reedsburg and Milwaukee and when we go to visit family it's a nice little rest stop for us. The beds are comfortable and the Motel is clean and nice and quiet. A perfect stay for a reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Bradley, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2012

do not stay here! it's a run down place, and it's very filthy, in a bad part of town.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JESSE120
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedsburg
Quality Inn Reedsburg
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Super 8 Reedsburg
Super 8 Reedsburg
#2 of 4 in Reedsburg

Been to Motel Reedsburg? Share your experiences!