“Donnie's Restaurant - Reedsburg WI - hometown hospitality - generous portions”

Donnie's Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 25 Restaurants in Reedsburg
Reviewed 25 April 2014

First and foremost, if you like an Old Fashioned, have Glen make you one - hand muddled - I think you'll love it. You'll find Donnie's Restaurant, conveniently located on Hwy 33 as you pass through Reedsburg - "The Butter Capital of the World". We called ahead and made reservations on a Saturday evening. Since this was our first visit for dinner, I must admit, we weren't really greeted and we didn't exactly know where to go after coming in the side door. Once we found the hostess, we were seated but waited for about 5 minutes before our server made it to our table, not sure if she is new but initially she seemed discombobulated. Once we received our Old Fashioneds and we visited the well stocked salad bar, things seemed get better - although the soup urn was empty and not restocked while we were there. Seeing pickled herring on the salad bar brought back memories of visiting classic Wisconsin Supper clubs as a child. The ingredients were fresh, tasty, and well presented under the sneeze glass - some of the condiments were difficult to access as it was a long reach to the back side. She tried the sour cream, garlic cod served with baked potato and extra sour cream. I tried the evening's special - Prime Rib - 12 ounce cut, served with a pile of golden French fries. Our entrees were served promptly and they were delicious - the sour cream and garlic was an excellent combination and I found the prime rib to be exceptionally flavorful - cooked to perfection. Our meals were delicious. We like to support family owned, locally owned establishments - great service and great food keeps us coming back. This won't be our last visit to Donnie's Restaurant, stop in if you are near Reedsburg, show you support and give them a visit.

1  Thank LaCrosseIndians

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The atmosphere may be nice but the food is disgusting. My husband and I went there for our anniversary and were so disapointed! The food was old and cheap and definitly microwaved - a big no no in the restaurant business. My husband's steak might as well have been shoe leather and his cheesy potatoes had CANNED cheese sauce on them. This is supposed to be a Wisconsin supper club - are you kidding me? Canned cheese? Overall everything was bad, the salad bar our entrees, everything. Pass on this place.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

My husband and I went there for a nice evening meal. When the waitress took our order we asked a question about the meal and was returned with an I don't know. When we got our food the fries werent fully cooked and the meal was to come with ranch, which the waitress had no idea about. On top of that we found a hair in our food. What appeared to be the cook came out to check the salad bar, without a hair net! We ordered a cock with grenadine. It was all grenadine and was undrinkable. The waitress barely came around, and sat at another table and chatted with other customers.

1  Thank Clee03_13
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We visit at least once a week. You have to try Glen the bartender has a signature bloody mary you HAVE to try. Wonderful chocolate martini, traditional old fashions and the most amazing german chocolate cake shot you could ever imagine! Excellent Friday night fish fry, Saturday prime rib or filet & shrimp or Sunday morning prime and eggs.

1  Thank Care-n-Chris
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The salad bar tasted a few days old and the entrees were dry or odd tasting. Nothing was very fresh tasting and there were four of us eating.

1  Thank T_BuckSconsin