“This hotel is wearing a mask!”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rhinelander
Milwaukee
“This hotel is wearing a mask!”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

When you pull up to this hotel - it looks very nice. We were excited because it looked like the nicest place in town! Log cabin effect, nice lobby, up-north theme... but then you get to the rooms. It looks like they took an old beat up hotel and built a fancy "mask" in front of it to give it the impression of being new, updated, and pleasant. The rooms "in back" had a lot of wear, were much older, and were far from being as nice as the lobby and "front yard."

The rooms were very "surface cleaned." You can tell that the housekeeping staff come in and do the bare minimum needed to keep their supervisor happy. Granted, the toilet seemed clean, as did the sheets, tub, and mirrors (nice bedspreads & comforters) - but if you look close, it is gross. Dirt/garbage in the corners where the vacuum doesn't reach, dirty grout, and stains on the wall. It amazed me how a housekeeper can miss what looks like coffee drips running down the wall right across from the toilet (at least I hope it was coffee)! It would have taken housekeeping literally one extra minute to take a wet cloth and wipe down the walls - but they do not go that extra step, apparently.

The breakfast seemed pretty nice (I am not a big breakfast eater). Had the kids with me - this was the first breakfast buffet spread with waffles where they BOTH complained about the funky flavor of the waffles - neither of them liked or finished them. That has never happened before. They did offer sausages, eggs, yogurt - more than just the standard toast and sweet rolls.

As far as price goes - this place and the America's Best across the street were the best values I could find in this part of the state during summer months. I have to give them that. Even though it was way over priced - it was still more affordable than the others in the area. I actually paid the extra $3 to stay there than the America's Best - simply to get the chance to use a hot tub (that the other lacked). I got there only to find out that the hot tub was "closed for maintenance." Go figure! That is my luck!

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank FunnyFisher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
wisconsin
Reviewed 12 June 2011

When we checked into the room the bathroom was filthy. We contacted the front desk who said there was nothing she could do because no one else was working at 7:00pm. We cleaned the bathroom and went to bed.

The next day we left the room at 10:00am and returned to the property at 9:00pm and housekeeping did not clean our room. Again, I went to the front desk and the clerk said this keeps happening. I was told once again no one else was working and all she could do was give me fresh towels.

The next morning at check out I asked to speak to someone about our experience. I was told there was no one I could speak to but she would take my name and number and have the manager call. After a week we still have not received a call.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank wheelsk

Travellers are raving about these Rhinelander hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 13 May 2011

First off, when i called to leave a wakeup call the front desk phone remained busy for at least 45 minutes... so i got dressed and padded down to the lobby, they had taken the phone off the hook... they had an event that nite (friday) and while that was fine, the event goers let their obnoxious teenagers run the hallways screaming and carrying on. i again tried to call the front desk and the phone rang off the hook with no answer. I was so worried that i would not get my wake up call i just stayed up all nite. When i complained the next morning upon checkout they really did not give a rats you know what.... this will be the last time i stay at Quality... overpriced too

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Clinton, WI
Reviewed 13 January 2011

Spent two days/nights at the Quality Inn in Rhinelander with a few positives and a few negatives.
The hotel has a beautiful lobby and above average breakfast. It's obviously an older hotel and can certainly use some upgrading. The rooms are fairly large and beds were very comfortable.
We were in the area to visit family Christmas Eve and Christmas, we were asked if we wanted maid service Christmas Day as the front desk was covering not only the desk, but also the breakfast buffet and had maid duties. We asked simply that the beds be made up, towels replaced, and trash removed. Upon our return the evening of Christmas we discovered that nothing had been done in our room. Understanding it was a holiday we had requested minimal service and received none at all despite paying for the stay. Poor customer service, we will choose a different hotel our next visit.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 September 2010

The room was awful! Valance falling off, so dusty you could write your name, poor water pressure and a broken shower head..............holes in blanket!!! Staff was nice and breakfast was OK.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kathyandjack1
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Excellent Stay!

Its an excellent hotel, specially for business people. I always stay at Qualityinn. I do not know why they got the bad review but I never had any problem with cleanliness. Their linen looks brand new. I had a great Hot Breakfast that was included in the price of my stay.
I also took advantage of the large pool and workout room. The front desk staff was great and did my wake up calls on time.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank hurry_10
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I am not a picky person and my main criteria is cleanliness and comfort in a hotel. I have to say this was my worse hotel experience to date. My husband and I checked in and he noticed a small blood stain on the pillow (thru the pillow case), he tossed the pillow off to the side, and it landed on the floor next to a very large spider web, complete with spiders. I went to use the bathroom and there were hairs in the shower and sink, and my last little straw - no soap. I went to the front desk to explain how grossed out I was and she apologized and kindly offerred us a new room. The next room I am pleased to say was spider free and blood stain free, but again hairs in the sink and shower and a dirtycleaning rag left in the bathroom. No, I won't go back and will also probably never stay at a Quality Inn again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinelander
Comfort Inn
Holiday Acres Resort
Holiday Acres Resort
#2 of 8 in Rhinelander
#7 of 7 in Minocqua

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!