“Getting Worse and Worse” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rhinelander
Hartford, Connecticut
“Getting Worse and Worse”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

We began staying here for our once or twice visit to Rhinelander when it was the Holiday Inn maybe 8 years ago. Since that time, we've watched it steadily decline. During our visit last weekend, I refused to walk in the room without my shoes on. The carpets did not look clean in the hallways or rooms. The bathroom was very unaccepatble. The bottom of the shower curtain for about 9 inches up, was covered in very dark mold. Along the grout in the bathtub enclosure, there was also mold. It takes so little to remove that - a squirt bottle with bleach by the cleaning team would handle it.

Also, keep in mind that if you like a very firm bed, this is for you - it wasn't for me. There was no "softness" whatsoever and we both woke up sore from laying on what felt like, plywood.

The continental breakfast was mediocre, fake eggs, dried biscuits and some sausage gravy along with the usual breads and cereals.

Front desk staff is always very friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

This Quality Inn needs some update in near future including AC and TV among others. Nonetheless, it was not dirty. Plus, friendly and helpful staffs. Internet connection was good. Continental breakfast had a few more choices than several places I have visited this summer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I thought the Quality Inn in Rhinelander was pretty average. The rooms were a little small, and it looked rather outdated. Also, the air conditioning was pretty loud. There was an excellent wireless Internet connection and we didn't have any issues with it.

There was an average hotel pool with a hot tub and sauna there. The fitness room had a few machines (treadmill, etc.). The breakfast was your average continental breakfast with make-your-own waffles, eggs, sausage, juice, milk, etc.

One thing I didn't like was that there were maids sitting outside one of the entrances smoking, and the entrances smelled like smoke.

We on;y stayed here because the AmericInn next door was all booked. We stayed at the AmericInn before and it was an excellent hotel. I would definitely suggest you to check it out instead of the Quality Inn. My stay at the Quality Inn was not terrible, but nothing special either.w

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lfreund1
Milwaukee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

When you pull up to this hotel - it looks very nice. We were excited because it looked like the nicest place in town! Log cabin effect, nice lobby, up-north theme... but then you get to the rooms. It looks like they took an old beat up hotel and built a fancy "mask" in front of it to give it the impression of being new, updated, and pleasant. The rooms "in back" had a lot of wear, were much older, and were far from being as nice as the lobby and "front yard."

The rooms were very "surface cleaned." You can tell that the housekeeping staff come in and do the bare minimum needed to keep their supervisor happy. Granted, the toilet seemed clean, as did the sheets, tub, and mirrors (nice bedspreads & comforters) - but if you look close, it is gross. Dirt/garbage in the corners where the vacuum doesn't reach, dirty grout, and stains on the wall. It amazed me how a housekeeper can miss what looks like coffee drips running down the wall right across from the toilet (at least I hope it was coffee)! It would have taken housekeeping literally one extra minute to take a wet cloth and wipe down the walls - but they do not go that extra step, apparently.

The breakfast seemed pretty nice (I am not a big breakfast eater). Had the kids with me - this was the first breakfast buffet spread with waffles where they BOTH complained about the funky flavor of the waffles - neither of them liked or finished them. That has never happened before. They did offer sausages, eggs, yogurt - more than just the standard toast and sweet rolls.

As far as price goes - this place and the America's Best across the street were the best values I could find in this part of the state during summer months. I have to give them that. Even though it was way over priced - it was still more affordable than the others in the area. I actually paid the extra $3 to stay there than the America's Best - simply to get the chance to use a hot tub (that the other lacked). I got there only to find out that the hot tub was "closed for maintenance." Go figure! That is my luck!

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank FunnyFisher
wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

When we checked into the room the bathroom was filthy. We contacted the front desk who said there was nothing she could do because no one else was working at 7:00pm. We cleaned the bathroom and went to bed.

The next day we left the room at 10:00am and returned to the property at 9:00pm and housekeeping did not clean our room. Again, I went to the front desk and the clerk said this keeps happening. I was told once again no one else was working and all she could do was give me fresh towels.

The next morning at check out I asked to speak to someone about our experience. I was told there was no one I could speak to but she would take my name and number and have the manager call. After a week we still have not received a call.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank wheelsk
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

First off, when i called to leave a wakeup call the front desk phone remained busy for at least 45 minutes... so i got dressed and padded down to the lobby, they had taken the phone off the hook... they had an event that nite (friday) and while that was fine, the event goers let their obnoxious teenagers run the hallways screaming and carrying on. i again tried to call the front desk and the phone rang off the hook with no answer. I was so worried that i would not get my wake up call i just stayed up all nite. When i complained the next morning upon checkout they really did not give a rats you know what.... this will be the last time i stay at Quality... overpriced too

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Clinton, WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

Spent two days/nights at the Quality Inn in Rhinelander with a few positives and a few negatives.
The hotel has a beautiful lobby and above average breakfast. It's obviously an older hotel and can certainly use some upgrading. The rooms are fairly large and beds were very comfortable.
We were in the area to visit family Christmas Eve and Christmas, we were asked if we wanted maid service Christmas Day as the front desk was covering not only the desk, but also the breakfast buffet and had maid duties. We asked simply that the beds be made up, towels replaced, and trash removed. Upon our return the evening of Christmas we discovered that nothing had been done in our room. Understanding it was a holiday we had requested minimal service and received none at all despite paying for the stay. Poor customer service, we will choose a different hotel our next visit.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinelander
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander
#2 of 8 in Rhinelander
Edgewater Inn & Cottages
Edgewater Inn & Cottages
#5 of 12 in Eagle River

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!