“Absolutely Amazing!!”

Oregon, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Absolutely Amazing!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I visited the Kovac Planetarium for the third time today. Each time the experience has been even more enjoyable for me. Frank is most definitely one of the most amazing people I have ever met. When you learn about how he built his planetarium mostly by himself including hand painting the stars you realize that he is one determined and passionate man. It is refreshing and inspiring to see someone turn their passion into their job...we should all be so lucky.

Visited August 2012

Greenfield, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Everyone should see this! Frank Kovac puts on such an excellent show it is unbelievable! For someone to have such passion and committment to build this planetarium by himself with his own money, just goes to show what we're all capable of. This is definitely a must see attraction. Just to speak with him. He is an inspiration to all, young and old.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Denise K
Marshfield, Wisconsin
139 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Shakes off the dreary monotony, catapult to wonder”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Biggest in the world. Narrator never lost his enthusiasm but was not a comic, did not live on punch lines. Particularly fun for anyone with needing to have cobwebs swept from the mind to be reintroduced to a sense of wonder in the colorful beauty of the expanding universe. A private venture well woth the $12 adult admission. A ticket is a great gift for an old friend.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank MissPriss234
Greenville, South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“I am still in awe....”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I took my family here today, and couldn't get home to write a review fast enough. I just kept thinking and saying, "This is AMAZING!," and it truly is. I kept asking Mr. Kovac questions, completely unable to grasp how this one man (with very little help it would seem) created this amazing planetarium. It was fascinating, really. The thing that really got me is that this was a true labor of love, and it shows in the details. I kept forgetting that these stars were PAINTED on the ceiling of this globe. Hand painted. By this one man! I want to tell everyone that this is a destination if you are up north. Run, don't walk to the Kovac Planetarium in Monico. You will be so glad you did :)

Visited May 2012
5 Thank sailcerces
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

How one man did all of that just amazes me. It is so very interesting. The only negative thing is that it is kind of hard to find as there are no big signs out on Hwy 8.

Visited August 2011