“Great steaks, dirty martinis, and endless salad bar”
Review of White Stag Inn

White Stag Inn
Ranked #10 of 70 Restaurants in Rhinelander
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Great steaks, dirty martinis, and endless salad bar”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The perfect Northwoods Wisconsin restaurant. Oldschool interior, wood, leather, a moose. All the things you want to see when you visit the Northwoods.

Smallish menu of mainly steaks. One of the more expensive places in this area but definitely worth it for a special occasion or just a Friday night. Bartender was very friendly and made a great dirty martini.

My favorite is the endless heads of lettuce and 3 dressings you get to make your own salad. Honestly it is all I need for a meal. But the steak is good too!!

• Visited September 2013

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
“Execellent Wisconsin Steak House”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Excellent home-make steak dinner grilled in charcoal. Fast and excellent service. A must dine!! Not a large menu selection, but a great variety of food. The chefs prepared the steaks to perfection.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Deb G
Deerfield, IL
“Service is sub-par, menu an anachronism.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I have to say first that I do appreciate a great WI Supper Club as much as the next person, but this is not a GREAT supper club. First I don't know if they just were swamped, but out waitress basically threw our items at us as she RAN by.. We had to ask for every thing, including bread. Salad is a joke, a big bowl of lettuce wedges with a minimal choice of dressings. My steak was very undercooked and chewy, and with the poor service I was afraid to send it back. I guess it is what it is but it certainly wasn't "on" the night our family was there :(

1 Thank irisarbor
“Must be doing something right”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Had to try the age old establishment out after having a connection to it. Atmosphere Is cool. Very old decor that I'm sure has not been changed since the day they opened but kind of cool in its own right.

Food was decent. Steaks had good flavor. Would have to say the blue cheese crumbles and the onions are well over priced.

Overheard lots of repeat visitors talking about being there before so they are obviously doing something right. Neat place all the same.

Wheeling, IL
“Takes me back 25 years”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I ate at the Stag for dinner one night last week, it is exactly the same is it was when I loved going there is the mid 80's. Fabulous steaks, service. If you are in the area and love steak, DONT MISS THIS!!!