“Gimme da money” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Description: brewpub; good pizza
“Gimme da money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

Stopped because my regular was closed for cleaning. Nearly had to tackle the bartender to order. drinks were average, could be a nice atmosphere with better people

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Daniel M

Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Best restaurant in Rhinelander!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

I love Bugsy's and have been there several times now. We frequently go there for our girls' nights as it's a nice, relaxing atmosphere that's never too loud or overcrowded, so it's easy to sit and mingle and take our time. I also bring my family there when they come to visit as it's not as rowdy as some of the other downtown bar/restaurant combos. The menu is quite expansive, not what you would expect at a sports bar. I've tried a few different dishes so far. One of my favorites are the pasta dishes, especially the ones w/ the garlic butter, you get a massive portion that you will never finish, so you can bring it home for lunch the next day and it's a great price for how much you get. And they let you create your own pasta. It doesn't mention that on the menu anymore, but if you ask to build your own pasta, they'll let you. Also, the pizza is by far the best pizza in town. The fish fry is also my favorite in town and I like that it's served on Wednesdays, too and not just Fridays. Again, you get a ton of food with the fish fry for not a lot of money. I've never had a bad meal here. Last Saturday I went w/ a friend from Madison and she ordered the scallop pasta. She was amazed at how good it was and how inexpensive. She kept saying how a meal like that in a bigger city would cost a fortune. Also, the staff is always super friendly and very knowledgeable, especially the bartender, Ransey and the manager, Lisa. This is definitely the best kept secret in Rhinelander.

• Visited December 2012
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“What a great little place relaxed dining!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

3 of us went to Bugsy's for dinner. 2 of us had been on the road all day and were pretty well exhausted so we wanted to go some place informal. Bugsy's hit the spot! Great selection of beers, even for folks like me who generally don't drink beer. Menu is generally sandwiches with some other entres thrown in. I had a philly beef sandwich which was both huge and excellent. Served with au juice. We had buffalo wings as appetisers which were hot enought to get your attention, but not put you in the ER. And as an extra bonus, free pool on Wednesday nites. If you play pool about once a year like me, that is a real benefit. Great little place in a great little town.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great Homemade Pizza and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

After a day in Minoquoa, my girlfriend and I were in the mood for pizza. She is from the area and suggested Bugsy's....excellent choice!!!!! Lisa, the bartender was friendly and helpful with our drinks and our special order pizza. I love Italian sausage and my friend loves vegetarian. Lisa placed our half and half order with no problem since all the pizza is hand made with local ingredients.....no frozen pizza here!! It took a little while for the pizza (we didn't mind since the drinks were good and the conversation lively), but the wait was worth every minute....very yummy!!!! Bugsy's is spacious with several areas to sit and dine....a lounge area, formal eating at tables with tablecloths, and a game area....all separate, with a real feeling of privacy. The bar area is large with high ceilings and ample seating. If you're looking for great food and friendly service, give Bugsy's a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good bar food, friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stopped here for a light dinner at the bar. The burgers were good, but inconsistently cooked. Some were med. rare, and some well done. The bartenders were quite friendly, and although we were not locals, they treated us well.