“Fantastic Pasties!”

Price range: US$5 - US$5
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We make our pasties fresh from scratch 5 days a week using locally sourced meats and veggies in a small home converted into a commercial kitchen. We do not use any preservatives or hydrogenated oils. We offer a couple of picnic tables inside the porch for year round dining, as well as 2 outdoor tables on our deck in the summer. Takeout is quick and easy since our pasties are already made up when you come in! Frozen pasties are available for sale also.
Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
“Fantastic Pasties!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Oh my heavens - when you're in a small town like Rhinelander, Wisconsin, you don't expect restaurants with sustainable business practices - yet, at Joe's Pasty Shop, that's what you get! The couple who owns this pasty shop are relatives of the ORIGINAL Joe's Pasty Shop in Ironwood, MI, which opened in 1946 and is still going. How's that for cool? :)

I haven't even touched on the most AMAZING pasty I've ever had in my life!! I went in November, which meant having the November special: maple-glazed carrots and other root vegetables with goat cheese. YEAH. I am SO coming back whenever I find myself in Rhinelander!!

• Visited November 2013

Eagle River, Wisconsin
“yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Love the pasties. Small eat in section, but best to take them to go. Ilike the greek pasty most. Different padty specials each day. They also have them frozen to buy.

Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greek Odyssey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Tried for the first time the Greek Pasty- amazingly good. Always friendly and the pasties are always so perfect. The secret is the thin crust, not like others in the area or store bought.

• Visited September 2013
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Pasty Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

GREAT Pasties!!! Freshly made each day, very a good variety. Staff are very nice and knowledgable. I wish it was closer to home.

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Love this Pasty Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Love all of the various pasties. I prefer to buy them frozen and heat them in the oven. They are so large that it is easy for several people to have a sampling. Unique shop.

Visited June 2013