“wonderful pasties”

Ranked #5 of 70 Restaurants in Rhinelander
Price range: US$5 - US$5
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We make all of our pasties fresh from scratch 5 days a week using locally sourced meats and when available, organic veggies in a small home converted into a commercial kitchen. We do not use any preservatives or hydrogenated oils. We sell all of our pasties frozen pasties to go so you can have hot pasties at home whenever you desire!
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“wonderful pasties”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I had a southwestern pasty and my husband had a traditional one. Both were flavorful and the price was very good. I liked the fact that they offered natural sodas also.
Owners were very friendly.

Visited August 2014

Chicago
“In the view of an unbiased pasty maker”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Pros: Tastiest pasties around with top-notch crust; budget friendly; organic and natural ingredients; Eco-friendly packaging; about a dozen varieties available frozen; will ship out of state; quaint dining area; friendly family owned business; vegetarian selections

Cons: only a few varieties available fees (unfrozen) each day; dining area is only 2 tables, so if dining in during a rush, you may need to share tables, or wait; 300 miles away from home

My family visited here in August 2014. My 11-year-old had the traditional (beef, potatoes, onions) and my spouse and I split a Cornish (beef, potatoes, rutabaga and onion) and the farmers market (kale, goat cheese, peas, potatoes, onion, other great organic veggies in a whole wheat crust).

I used to be employed to make pasties for a deli in the area, and so I know a thing or two about pasties and have sampled a number of those available around here. This is easily the best I've tasted - simple, good food in the Northwoods. They do a great job. We will make it a regular stop in all our visits to this area.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Marcy H
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Best Pasty in the Midwest”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I discovered this gem three years ago when working in Rhinelander. They take pride in their food, using natural, organic, local ingredients. I would often purchase frozen pasties to take home with me for my family to enjoy.

My family spent a week in the Mackinac area where a pasty is found at nearly every restaurant. We had a lunch at one of the local restaurants that advertizes as serving the best pasties in the Midwest. We were all very disappointed in what they served. On the way home from our vacation we traveled through Rhinelander in order to get some pasties from Joe's Pasty Shop. We were NOT disappointed. They were incredibly delicious. We even orders more than a dozen frozen ones to take home with us. It is obvious that they know how to make incredible pasties from the best ingredients. If you want an incredible pasty, go to Joe's.

• Visited August 2014
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“good food, good selection”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very tasty, authentic pasties...flavorful ingredients. Great from the oven or cooked/heated at home. Friendly and quick service. Good spot to stop!

• Visited June 2014
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Great homemade pasties”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The home made pasties and delicious. They offer about a dozen different kinds... some available fresh and all are available frozen. This is a "mom-and-pop" operation but well worth the stop

Visited March 2014