“Great price. Great value.”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rhinelander
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We were limited on the amount of money that we could spend on a motel. My husband insisted on finding a good motel for a good price. We were able to do both at Americas Best Value Inn.

Our room was clean as could be. The room was a bit dated, but was as clean and neat as a pin. The mattress was firm and comfortable. We both slept like logs.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

The breakfast bar was neat in appearance and had a nice selection.

We plan to return again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Vernali V, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Thank you so much for the nice words about our hotel. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness. Everyone here works very hard to keep our property neat and clean. We were very happy to have you and your husband as our guests and look forward to seeing you again when you return to Rhinelander.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

I had moved to a new area and found this hotel which would give monthly rates. This hotel was perfect very clean, great room, very quite, microwave, and bigger fridge. The free breakfast in morning was more than just a doughnut. The staff was very friendly and cleaned room 2x a week. I would find this chain every time I travel. I will be traveling again soon and there is an Americas best there and all ready booked reservations there. I would recommend this to anyone from one night stay to monthly.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Vernali V, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We're very happy you found our hotel clean and comfortable. We're glad we could make your moving experience more enjoyable. We hope you stop and see us the next time you are in Rhinelander. Mention TripAdvisor and receive 20% off your stay.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

My wife and I stopped here for a night during our most recent trip to our 17 year olds hockey tournament in Minnesota. He was taking the bus with his teammates, so we took the scenic route through the UP of Michigan and northern Wisconsin.

Americas Best Value Inn was conveniently close to US-8. The room was clean and comfortable. Furnishing a bit dated, but still in good shape.

I feel giving an "average" rating is not enough - I wish TA would allow 1/2 star ratings. The stay was average - in the best sense of the word. If ever in the area again, I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
rhinelandergm, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Thank you for the nice comments you made about our hotel! We are pleased that we could be your home away from home on your trip to Minnesota, we look forward to seeing you again!

Be sure to mention Trip Advisor for 20% off your next stay.

Cathy Rappley

Reviewed 18 August 2012

This hotel was reasonably priced. Rooms are very basically decorated, but very clean. This hotel has a beautiful backyard on the river with picnic tables and chairs. Very relaxful after a long day of travel. John the desk clerk was very nice too.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
rhinelandergm, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Thank you for your review of our property. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and friendliness of the Rhinelander Americas Best Value Inn.
I will make sure that John knows you enjoyed interacting with him, it's always nice when our efforts are acknowledged.
We hope you stop and see us the next time you are in town. Mention TripAdvisor and receive 20% off your stay.

Reviewed 28 June 2009

Room was a "suite" and decent size. Staff was friendly and helpful. Price for the room was low. Room was pretty clean and decent. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank RamblingBadger
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for you positive feedback. We sincerely hope you will visit us again soon. When you return if you mention TripAdvisor and your previous review we will extend to you a 20% discount. We have recently done some remodeling with more in the works!

Reviewed 21 June 2007

For my first trip to the Northwoods, I selected the town of Rhinelander, because it is within a twenty mile radius of all of the towns that I wanted to explore---Tomahawk, Minocqua, Woodruff, St. Germaine, Eagle River and Three Lakes. So, the Rhinelander Super 8 served as a fine "home base". I begged the little lady to allow me to take this trip with Tom, my best friend since 1960.

I had a choice to make---stay at one of the two nice hotels across the street for either $110.00 or $120.00 per night, including a swimming pool, or stay in a very nice motel for $57.00 per night, but with no swimming pool. Since I came up here with the sole purpose of exploring the above mentioned towns, numerous lakes, fine supper clubs, and nature in general, the choice was a "no brainer" for me. All I wanted was a clean, quiet, spacious room, with comfortable queen size beds, and a nice, large bathroom and shower. Believe me, I got all of that and much more. The ladies at the front desk, from Peggy the manager on down, treated me as if I had been their friend for twenty years.

We enjoyed our free breakfast---fresh OJ and locally grown cranberry juice, piping hot waffles, pastries, cold cereal, numerous beverage choices, etc., and contrary to another review of this establishment, we weren't the least bit cramped in the dining area. Plus, there are additional tables in the lobby, and if you are so worried about being cramped, do as some folks choose to do---bring your food back to your room, which has a very nicely sized table.

For your convenience, a fine AAA restaurant is less than a block away, and for your sweet tooth, Culver's Frozen Custard (a tasty Wisconsin tradition) is right across the street. Also, a combination gas station/mini mart/submarine store is next door on the right, and an interesting Sarah Lee outlet shop is on the immediate left. Another nice touch---wonderful downtown Rhinelander, with it's great supper clubs, stores, bars and nostalgic movie theater, is only eight blocks away. Tom even hiked there and back one afternoon (along the Wisconsin River), to buy some new clothes at a famous retail outlet store.

As an extra added bonus/surprise, the grounds were nicely trimmed in the back, right on the banks of the pristine waters of the Wisconsin River, very close to it's origin. Picnic tables and a charcoal grill add a real nice touch (as did the two families of ducks who kept me company for thirty minutes, while Tom was taking his evening walk.) I plan on bringing my wife up here for three nights this coming August for a combination birthday/anniversary getaway., and I shall definitely take along my fishing pole this time.

During this upcoming trip, we plan on spending one day exploring UP Michigan, which is only fifteen miles due north of Eagle River. My wife and I have never been to the Upper Peninsula. We travel quite a bit since my retirement, and always try to stay in at least one Super 8 along the way---I've never been disappointed, and I highly recommend the Rhinelander Super 8 to everyone, due to it's nice accommodations, and it's really decent rates.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank mathgenius
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for you positive review.
We sincerely hope you will visit us again soon.
We have recently done some remodeling with more in the works!

Reviewed 4 January 2007

This place could use an indoor swimming pool and a bigger breakfast area. You could barely fit six people in that area. Also 6-9 a.m. are not the best times. Most placess are 7-10.

Stayed: December 2006
2  Thank skibuddykath
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for you positive review.
We sincerely hope you will visit us again soon.
We have recently done some remodeling with more in the works!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinelander
Quality Inn
#3 of 8 in Rhinelander
AmericInn Minocqua
AmericInn Minocqua
#5 of 7 in Minocqua

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!