“Our lunch party of 13 were very satisfied with the food, service and atmosphere.”

Cross Country Bar and Grill
Ranked #8 of 69 Restaurants in Rhinelander
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Description: Phone (715) 362-4745
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Ashley D. waited on our party of 13 for lunch. She provided excellent, personable, friendly service. The menu had something for everyone. We loved our food. This was the first time we tried cheese curds and we all loved them. Better than mozzarella sticks. I substituted fried shrimp for chicken in the Asian salad. Fantastic. The colossal fish sandwich, wings, burgers, wrap with beef and the home made chips were delicious. Beers and drinks were made well and Ice cold. We all loved the huge lumberjack chairs and tables. (That's what I called them) it was clean and displayed many interesting decorations. My 7 year old niece had fun with the arcade machines. I would definitely eat here again.

• Visited July 2014

Mesa, Arizona
“Late afternoon lunch”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Hubby & I have been here several times. Beautiful north woods interior.

We stoppef in today & the lady bartender looked right at us but didn't say a thing. We had to assume we should just seat ourselves. There were two people at the bar but no one seated at any tables. I guess 4:00 was too early or too late.

Our server Maghen, was cleaning tables but came over immediately to take our drink order. She was a very pleasant, attentive server.

We both had the broasted chicken special. $10.98 for 4 pieces of broasted chicken. With cole slaw. A breadstick roll, and another side. Hubby had French fries. I had wild rice.

The rice was probably frozen & then microwaved. Kinda bland. Excellent cole slaw. The chicken was super toasty but the broastef batter was quite salty. I probably should have mentioned it to the waitress. I had to bring some of my chicken home as the 4 pieces were very large & meaty.

When we left our table our waitress had thanked us but again, the bartender didnt say a word.

We'll return but sure hope they read reviews in order to improve things a bit. Lots of competition in the northwoods!

1 Thank BikeWiAz
“Cross Country Bar and Grill”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I have eaten three times here and the service has always been decent however the food has been over priced and there has always been a wait (a loooonnnggg wait). The "amazing" Broaster's chicken was quite a let down to everything I have heard about it.

• Visited July 2014
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Sports Bar in the Northwoods”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I lived in the neighborhood of the owners of this sports bar. We did not know the
owners well before they built the bar. We were delighted to have such a nice clean well run
bar in our neighborhood. We began by enjoying the Wisconsin "Friday Night Fish Fry's" which
were excritiellent. At first, it was fun just so join our other neighbors on Friday nights. Then the
football season began. We in Wisconsin of course are all Packer fans.

It is a neighborhood ritual to go to Packer games at Cross Country. They have pull tab pools
to enter. They have just a simple registration which gives you a wrist band. When the Packers
score, a wheel is spun. If the wheel lands on the number on your wristband, you win a free
drink. They have a penalty game that you can play by purchasing a chance for $2.00. When
a penalty is called the person gets to drink free intil the next penalty is called. They also have
a drawing from the free registration for a person to drink free for either the first or second half.
They also have a drawing from the free registration to see if you can pick the first Packer to
score. If you are correct, you win a $25.00 gift certificate. When the Packers score, they draw
a name from the free registration to kick a field goal with a big inflated Budweiser football. The
bar has a mini field goal set up, for the kicker to use. If the kicker is successful, they get to pick a souvenir, and everyone in the bar gets a free shot.
They have a nice food bar available at half time, and a corn hole, or beer pong game for people selected from the free registration. Winners receive a $25.00 gift card.
When the Packers and Bear play at the same time, they have an area set up for Bear fans to
watch their game, while the Packer fans are watching their game.

The staff is extremely friendly. The prices are right. The food is very good.

• Visited August 2013
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Nice atmosphere, good food.”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I went here for the first time a couple of months ago to meet friends for dinner. We brought our toddlers, so we were all glad to see that they had highchairs for the little ones.

The atmosphere was clean and comfortable. The decor is Northwoods-themed, so there was a lot of wood, antlers, fish and birds. The waitress was attentive and quick, and very good about suggesting meal ideas for the toddlers. They do have a children's menu, so that was nice.

I ordered a chicken sandwich with barbecue sauce, and it was truly delicious. It was a large portion so I had to get a to-go box, but the leftovers were just as good as when it was hot out of the kitchen. I've heard a lot of great things about their dessert, particularly the cheesecake, but I was too full to try it while I was there!

There were a few people there who'd had a few too many drinks, which makes me think that later in the night it's probably more of a party bar. But during dinner time, it was a nice atmosphere and experience for a family.

Overall it was a positive experience, with quick service and great food. I will definitely return the next chance I get!

• Visited February 2014