“Just average”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rhinelander
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Just average”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed at the Rhinelander, WI AmericInn for 2 nights based on the previous reviews and I was disappointed. The room was clean but the recliner was old, uncomfortable, and it would not recline. The biggest problem was the noise! There was a youth hockey team staying both nights and they ran up and down the halls like wild animals both nights. The first night I confronted about 8 of noisemakers and I also went up to the front desk around 10:30 pm to complain. I first blame the people in charge of these kids, but the final blame rests with the hotel staff. It is their job to control guests who are running wild.

Room Tip: Ask to be as far away from the pool as you can!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tower u
eskinner, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. While we always hope every guest has a perfect experience with us, things do happen from time to time. I would like to sincerely apologize for the noise issues you experienced during your stay with us. Young children, especially in larger groups, can be a bit rambunctious at times, but we should have been more on top of the issue. I have used this as an opportunity to coach and train my staff so that they are even more prepared in the future.

I also want to thank you for letting me know about the recliner in the room. We do perform regular preventative maintenance in all rooms, but often rely on our guests to let us know when something is not right--who better than those that actually stay in the room? I truly appreciate you bringing this to my attention and we were able to replace the recliner right away with one in proper working condition.

We did receive the survey you filled out regarding your stay and I reponded personally via email--I hope you received the note and offer to come and see us again on me. We are highly dedicated to the care and comfort of our guests and would love the opportunity to show this to you on your next trip to the Rhinelander area.

Please take care and thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did--these are always opportunities to improve and I appreciate the feedback.

Erin Skinner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Clean, comfortable accommodations. Excellent breakfast. Comfortable and inviting lobby and pool area. Staff that goes out of their way to take care of us. Our families choice every time we visit Rhinelander.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We visit this hotel annually for a family Christmas gathering and weekend getaway. We are always treated like old friends, and shown hospitality above and beyond expectations.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 December 2011

For the better part of a year I've stayed in this hotel one or two nights per week. I can't remember when I've ever had a problem; the place is obviously run extremely well. Other lodging facilities in the area just don't provide the enjoyable stay that this AmericInn does. If I had anything to grouse about it would be that my Sprint connection varies between OK and lousy, and I wish I could go for a run without being on a busy highway at the start and finish. It's hard to find anything to complain about at this place! I hope not too many people find out about it so I don't have trouble getting a room :-)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I believe I have stayed in every hotel in Rhinelander, and this is the best. The staff is terrific, and they put on a nice breakfast. The best part of this hotel is that you can get a free pass to the local YMCA. Very nice!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
San Leandro, California
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I've stayed at many hotels in Rhinelander, this one being the cleanest and nicest by far.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Loacation, staff, value are tops for the area!
I've stayed at the others in town as well, and Americinn is definitely the best value.
Would recommend for business and / or family travelers.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinelander
Comfort Inn
#4 of 8 in Rhinelander
Wild Eagle Lodge
Wild Eagle Lodge
#2 of 12 in Eagle River

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander? Share your experiences!