“Friday night fish fry”

Hideout Steakhouse
Ranked #44 of 70 Restaurants in Rhinelander
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My son and I were bacheloring it so we decided to try the fish fry since I love their burgers that they serve here and I had someone give me a thumbs up on their fish fry...
For some reason the staff was all business and only necessasary communication was exchanged. I enjoy having the Linnies Dark and Creamie on tap. Its a real compliment to a fish fry. I ordered the lightly seasoned Haddock with the two sides of sweet potato fries and coleslaw and my son had the seafood plate with the two sides of garlic potatoes and coleslaw. The meal was served promply and the waitress brought the ketchup right away. The fish was overly browned and dry.
Portions were average and pieces of fish were small and big sizes. The coleslaw was neither sweet and vinegery or creamy. I'm spoiled because I do all the cooking and when I make my slaw I add jalepeno jelly to my mayo and mix it with the slaw mix. The potatoes tasted like real potatoes with garlic powder. The portion of tarter sauce just made it. Their burgers are great and I have also tried the Prime rib and its not over salted like some but it just seamed lacking flavor.
The Prime Rib and fishy fry are average and I would not return to comsume them again when I know I can out perform them at home.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

This steakhouse is attached to a bowling alley. The decor is very nice. All of the food we've tried has been wonderful. My personal favorites are the chili, french onion soup, burgers, wraps, salads and steaks. There is something on the menu for everyone. They have a happy hour and many daily special. Glad we found this place.

1  Thank MJ H
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I happened in on a Monday when burgers were a dollar. A good burger at an unbelievable price in a clean laid back environment was a treat. I would become a regular if I lived in town.

1  Thank Tab_travels123
Reviewed 25 March 2013

As a local I think this needs to be written. Last year I ate at the hide out and had a really good experience I went back this last weekend and that will be the last time I ever step foot in there or recommend it as I have done on a regular basis. From my NY Strip being ordered rare to medium rare and being served WELL DONE twice (my daughters order was chix strips and a choc milk) and each time they did do a recook they left the warm sides sit at the table (baked potato, fried onions, and mushrooms) so of course they are cold and non eatable, at this point I have eaten a salad and a bread stick I told my waitress I wanted to pass on dinner she said she would comp the steak. When my bill came it was $26 for what should have been chix strips and a drink. So I asked to see the manager (Christine) she was a real treat no eye contact no apologizing and no clue as how to deal with a situation like this. The bottom line is I paid $15.00 for chix strips a drink and a side salad. Good luck!!!

1  Thank kvan04
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We had a great time here. The food was wonderful, the prices are very good and we will be back. Great service by smiling staff.

1  Thank SueSmith987