“Delightful!”

Peking Chinese Restaruant
Ranked #36 of 70 Restaurants in Rhinelander
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Oh my Chinese food that is not a buffet!!??? Yes! Crab rangoons with chicken and garlic sauce is my recommendation. Do note that you can write the tip on the receipt.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stopped in for lunch today; hubby ordered shrimp chow mein and I got sweet and sour shrimp lunch special. No veggies but carrots in my chicken; green peppers, onion and pineapple are standard. I found one tiny piece of pineapple and a sliver of water chestnut, which I have never seen in S&S chicken. Hubby said shrimp were good, but we both agreed that the rice was really not fried and too small of a scoop. Service was neither friendly or unfriendly. Not much of an atmosphere here, either. The food was not that great, so the number of patrons must be due to the fact that there are not many Chinese restaurants in the area. Tried it; won't be back.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Have found the food to be good, quite authentic, and plenty. Holly, the manager, always greets us with a smile and seats us per our preference. With dishes like "Happy Family", Phoenix and Dragon" and others, it's hard not to get in a rut and order the same thing over and over. The portions are large (we usually have plenty for lunch the next day), prices moderate and the service good. Would like to see more than just Mandarin style but totally satisfied with the fare.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Always good food here and reasonable price. If you want an even better value stop by for their lunch meal menu, smaller portions and cheaper price.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Its a shame this Asian restaurant has lost all my respect. I ordered the "triple delight" it has scallops, shrimp, and beef, dry-saute with hot Chile's and spices stir-fried mixed vegetables and peanuts. This was a to go order. I've been going there for 15 years. And have noticed the food quality slipping. When I opened my dish I saw nothing but chicken, I stirred it and wondering why there was chicken there. Then I called back to tell them there was a mistake, she raised her voice and said there is chicken in the dish, I grabbed the menu and read it to her she still still said I was wrong. I said I don't like chicken , I stirred and saw 1half scallop, and 3 mushy shrimp, and a red sauce that I would never had ordered. I just wanted it remade like the menu says or my money back. Lol but no she wouldn't hear of it. I asked her if it was worth losing a good customer. She said it was fine. I've never run into this before and I've been in the business for 15 years, as a kitchen manager , I won't be back , you should not either.

1  Thank Sandy n