“A quaint hometown kind of place”
Review of R&T's Dinky Diner

R&T's Dinky Diner
Ranked #3 of 70 Restaurants in Rhinelander
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Appleton, Wisconsin
“A quaint hometown kind of place”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This very small (about 8 tables & a few counter seats) is colorful and comfortable. Our Dinky Diner special was cooked as ordered and very tasty. The table next to us had the daily special of prime rib and eggs. The portion was big enough for lots of leftovers. When we arrived, our waitress, Jamie, was serving the whole place and doing a fine job. We will be back. The only negative would be that they need to clean their carpet.

Visited June 2014

Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“A very nice breakfast”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This has been in business at a Shell Gas station for many years, but now has new owners. It is very small.....a little crowded...but I was satisfied. Friendly people....obvious regulars who return again and again. I had a 3 egg omelet which was very good. More that enough to eat as I could not finish hash browns simply because I was too full. Unending coffee and interesting menu. Not sure, but I think that they are open for lunch as well. Not a real large menu, but as I indicated, limited room to prepare and serve food. I see why people are regulars and I have every intention of going back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TLV007
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Good breakfast and fish fry”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is the place all of the locals hang out. I like the "variety stack" which has one pancake/waffle, one egg, and sausage/bacon. It is more than enough food. Although they usually close at 2:00 PM, they are also open on Friday night for a fish fry. We had the walleye and it was very good at a great price. My wife had the potato pancakes and I kept stealing some from her. They were excellent.

• Visited April 2014
Wausau
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Tried this place because it was recommended by a relative. I had their corned beef hash & eggs with a side of hash brown potatoes. The potatoes were nicely browned and very crispy, the way I like them. The eggs were done perfectly, soft but not too soft.
My wife and a breakfast bowl and thought it was delicious.

Tha is quaint little gem and I hope they stick around. We try to stop every tie we Ra in town.
Give it a try.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank JeffMu
Appleton, Wisconsin
“A Quaint Little Diner”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We like local places, and you don't get much more local than this. It only has 8 tables and 5 counter stools. We felt welcomed. The food was the usual breakfast fare. Look for the interesting table tops. Our only criticism was that the carpet could replacement, or at least a really good cleaning.

Visited October 2013