“Great location... large rooms!”

AmeriVu Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rice Lake
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I stayed at Days Inn last night and was very happy with my room. It was very large, had 2 beds, a small flat screen tv, cable, and a great internet connection. The hotel has a pool and hot tub that are indoors, as well as a small patio out back with tables and chairs. A nice extra when you just want to spend a little time outside relaxing. The rooms were exceptionally clean- tons of pillows, too. The only downside is that my room was on the side facing busy Main Street & traffic was pretty loud when I was trying to sleep. Other than that, I would highly recommend this hotel.

They had the usual continental breakfast, plus waffles. Nothing spectacular, but nice. The hotel is 2 stories, but doesn't have an elevator.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Shaun S

Reviewed 22 June 2009

The hotel Manager was upset we had taken food from the banquet hall to our room, and called to have it taken back, which we didn't even get the chance to, he came barging into our room, with one knock and no waiting time, telling us to "Get the F--- out!!" There were about ten ladies in the room getting ready for a bachorlette party, what if one of us were changing and he walks right in, screaming at a bunch of women. And he called the cops for no reason! Horrible service!! Nobody was acting out of order, everyone was quiet in the room, there was no drinking going on, nothing happening that everybody had to leave. I believe his name was Don, this guy has horrible guest service, and should not be allowed to have anything to do with a business, ever, anywhere!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
14  Thank redblueyellow
Reviewed 30 January 2009

I attended a wedding in October of '08. When i first came into the hotel to check in i thought the place looked fantastic!! The front desk staff was very nice and professional and helpful. And during check in i got to personally meet the owner,Don, and thought he was a very friendly and nice person! The banquet hall was huge and beautiful!! I highly recommend anyone to use this facility for any kind of event!! It definately met my expectations and more!! We stayed the night here also and the rooms were very very nice too. They were super clean and comfortable and the complimentary breakfast in the morning was great! My time here for the wedding reception was fabulous and my nights stay here was wonderful and i would definately stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2009

I had my wedding here and it was a disaster. The owner was unreasonable. I singned a contract and when it was weeks from the wedding he started making all kinds of outlandish rules. From limiting the amount of free alcohol we could serve to even having chocolates on the tables.
Planning my wedding was horrible. I am not a demanding person and he made me cry many times. Once the invitations are out you can not change the location or I would have. Don was at my head table during the reception discussing the bill with me and interupting guests eating their dinner to correct their room bill because he was charging people more than he quoted me. Good think I noticed. He also made me move my presents out of the hall in the middle of the rectption so they wouldn't get stolen? ( I heard someone had their card box stolen and they think it was an inside job)
Very unprofessional I actually seen him take a pitcher of the beer we paid for to his other manager at the front desk during the wedding. And he tapped the last barrel without asking for all I know it was full.
We made plans to decorate the night before our wedding after the rehersal dinner. Don first said we couldn't because the bar was open, he then changed his mind and said we could as long as it was later. He then called me DURING MY REHERSAL DINNER to say the banquet hall closed at 10. we had to rush over there and then he decided since we were ordering drinks we could stay longer. What a mess.
I contacted Days Inn to get a refund and they said they could do nothing The owner is independent from the name what a joke. He can get away with anything and he is. He will not be around long.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
13  Thank mzakrzewski
Reviewed 30 October 2008

When I first walked in I was extremely impressed. The hotel looks amazing. Everything is clean and tidy. The lobby was unbelievable. Cathedral ceilings, loft seating, pretty much everything you could ask for in a hotel in the north woods. The staff was extremely friendly greeting me with a smile right as I walked in. My room was more than I could ask for. It was clean, spacious, and larger than average hotel rooms. I can't even imagine what the suites look like. There isn't enough I could say about this hotel. The pool, the bar and the banquet hall all made my stay more enjoyable. We attended a conference there and spent a night all at one location. It was perfect!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2008

We hosted a wedding in October, 2008. Outstanding job by all, the bartenders, the wait staff, and the owner - Dave, was very involved. They did an excellent job. The owner was even nice enough to cap the night off for everyone with "Jello Shots".

If you need a spot in this area to have a wedding or to hold a meeting, I highly recommend the Days Inn at Rice Lake. Oh, and the place is brand new, even smells new.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake
Best Western Spooner Riverplace

Been to AmeriVu Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!