Pullman Motel
US$101
US$89
US$105
US$95
Best Western Inn(Rice Lake)(Great Value!)
US$71
Super 8 Rice Lake(Rice Lake)(Great Value!)
US$58
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooms are cleanratesshowerwifibedsoaprefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Low cost, clean, friendly place. Microwave and fridge in the room. No frills, the beds are comfy and the heat works well. Making my second trip there in April and again in June. I wont stay anywhere else now. I've stayed at many hotel chains and by far prefer the smaller privatly owned ones.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Niki W
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This is my second stay at the Pullman Motel. I live near Milwaukee and occasionally come to Rice Lake for work. I have better places to put my money into than overpriced hotels. Pullman Motel is a low-cost, clean, and friendly motel. While there are no frills, there are also no silverfish, crumbs in the sheets, or loud air conditioners. Due to the nature of my job, I've stayed at a lot of crappy motels. I've stayed in motels with too-many-to-count insects, malfunctioning heat, and hourly rates. If you feel compelled to pay $100 for a motel; donate $61 to your favorite feel-good charity and give the rest to a locally-owned motel in Rice Lake. You can leave your pistol in the car.

Brett

Room Tip: the two I've stayed in don't seem haunted
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank b k
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

I decided to stay again at the Pullman on my way home from Minnesota based upon our previous family stay this past summer. Being by myself, I got a room with just a queen bed. Once again the room was clean, well maintained but tiny by today's standards. I did have a problem with the door lock on my second day and they immediately dropped what they were doing and addressed the problem.

I stayed the second night due to a blizzard a tad south making driving too unattractive. I was warm, cozy and safe inside my room as the snow fell and the wind howled. The blankets and quilt were actually nicer than what is on my bed at home. There were plenty of stations on the cable TV to keep me entertained. The food mark/gas station a couple of blocks away stays open 24 hours and is part grocery store and delicatessen.

The owner's suggested several places to go to help past the day away: local movie theater, nearby trail for hiking or sking, ski rental at the Benjamin Moore paint store, curling at the nearby world class curling club.

The rates are reasonable and I like how they keep the property clean and maintain. I will be a repeat visitor.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank worth-voyageur
Reviewed 3 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night on the way north. We found the positive reviews to be spot on, and agree heartily that it is a great place to stay. Our room was comfortable and clean, and the wonderful proprietors very helpful. We will stop here again on our next trip to NW Wisconsin.

Room Tip: The Country Inn was an excellent choice for dinner.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hatfloater
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The Pullman is a extremely clean, well maintain, no thrills motel. The beds are soft and comfortable. The rooms are quiet and tiny by today's standards. Each room was provided with a small coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave but no hair dryer or free breakfast. If all you want is a room or on the go during your visit, this is the place to stay. Nancy's Restaurant is across the road and serves the standard diner breakfast. A couple of blocks away is also a mini-quick market for minor groceries, snacks or something for the road.

• Stayed: June 2012