“Another repeat customer”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rice Lake
West Bend, Wisconsin
“Another repeat customer”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have been here on 2 different 3 night stays. My favorite thing was the bed, I slept better than I sometimes do at home. For an older motel, it has many updated amenities (flatsceen T.V., Wi Fi, microwave and fridge). We were here on business in construction, and the owners took very good care of us, and were very friendly. I asked if we could park a trailer in one of the parking spots, because we had 2 rooms. They said that we could park in the back lot,and told me that they get people with boats all of the time. That saved us time by not having to disconnect and hook up the trailer. I've seen other reviews mention the small shower, but if you don't need rose pedals on your bed, or soap encrusted with gold flakes, then the small shower is no biggie. As mentioned in other reviews, the price was great, and the diner across the street has a wide variety of breakfast and dinner specials. What I have not seen in other reviews is the fact that by staying here, you are supporting a local business ran by local people. The "franchise" hotels are fine, if you can get a good price. But I prefer spending my money on locally owned, as long as the place is properly maintained (which this one was).

Room Tip: Just let the owners know what your needs are, and they will do their best to accomadate you.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jeff-the-worker-B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lancaster, WI
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We stopped here on our way to Canada. Will stop here again if in area. The owners are very friendly & the rooms were very clean. Comfortable beds. Price was good. You could tell they take pride in their motel....loads of beautiful flowers around property & grounds were well kept. Only drawback was the shower is very small

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovegoodfood899
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Great little motel. Bed was comfortable and the place was clean. Even though they are right on a highway, we did not hear much noise. More noise came as people closed the doors to their rooms than came from the trucks rolling down the highway. Can't beat it for the price! They do a great job!

Room Tip: Well worth the price! Showers are small but the water pressure is fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DonnaJ43059
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2013

One of the best little motels I've stayed at. My wife and I stopped here for one night on our way to northern Minnesota, and were sorry that we weren't staying longer. Our room was spotless, there was a real cotton-covered comforter on the bed instead of the typical polyester bedspread, and the AC had been turned on before we arrived so the room was pleasantly cool. There were three windows: opposite sides of the main room (cross breeze!) plus one in the bathroom, all operational. Several large old pine trees and some picnic tables dot a courtyard-like area, but we didn't have time to use those. There's a good breakfast place across the street. We enjoyed chatting with the owners and petting the office dog. If I'm ever in Rice Lake again, I know where I'll be staying.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night in July as we passed through. Room was very clean, although a tad small. The shower was really small but for the price, the hotel was perfect. We love staying at independantly owned hotels and this a great one.

• Stayed July 2013
Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Like the others I read the reviews and was still a but hesitant but decided to stop and check it out. I pulled into the parking lot and was looking at these huge beautiful hanging flower baskets. Knowing how expensive these are made me think that if they spend money to beautify the motel it must be pretty decent. It was! Unbelievably inexpensive for a traveling sales rep. I spent more money last year on our Harley trip for a place that should be burned down.

The rooms were adequate with a very comfortable bed and bedding. Shower was very tiny in my room but that was okay. I would definitely stay here again. BTW....I didn't have a reservation but saw that they were full later on. That must say something!

• Stayed July 2013
California
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Low cost, clean, friendly place. Microwave and fridge in the room. No frills, the beds are comfy and the heat works well. Making my second trip there in April and again in June. I wont stay anywhere else now. I've stayed at many hotel chains and by far prefer the smaller privatly owned ones.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Black Bear Motel
Black Bear Motel
#1 of 1 in Cameron
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rice Lake

Been to Pullman Motel? Share your experiences!