“Rice Lake”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Rice Lake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Downing, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just stayed in this hotel last night. I was surprised at how small the single queen room was but it does in hind sight explain the name of the hotel. I was worried that I wouldn't sleep well because my room #316 was right across from the elevator, ice machine and pop machine. I think because I spent the night during the week it was not an issue but if it were a weekend I bet it would have been. And I think your staff gets complaints about it since when I checked out the guy behind the counter asked if the ice machine and elevator were an issue for me. The staff was friendly and didn't get charged for the travel sized toothpaste I needed since I forgot mine. Breakfast was good and coffee was hot. My only suggestions would be to put up a good solid wall with insulation and have the ice machine and pop machine behind it so when there are guests there using it late at night or early in the morning it doesn't bother the two rooms right across from it as I have seen other complaints regarding this issue with the exact room I stayed in. Also please change out your shower heads. The sparse small head gives you barely enough water to shower in, trying to wash and condition my long hair took 15 mins. And I understand that having the shower head high on the wall for tall people is nice but with the trickles of water/pressure issue it being a couple feet about my head didn't help matters.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you ask for a room at one of the ends so you are not near the ice machines and elev...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Carl L, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for your review. Our single queen rooms are our most economical choice in our hotel. We also have our upgraded queen rooms which are much larger and include a refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker and and also a queen size pullout sofa/sitting area. We would be happy to reserve one for you next time you visit the area.
We make it a policy to ask if noise bothers our guests so we may be able to accommodate you in the best way possible. We realize that elevator noise, and guests coming off the elevator while talking may interrupt the sleep of some of our more sensitive guests, therefore we are proactive in our approach. Also,our ice machine is on a timer so it will not run at night and interrupt the sleep of our guests.
Thank you for letting us know about the shower head issue. I will address it immediately.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I am allergic to animals. At the time that I made my reservation, I was not asked if I had animal allergies. I wish I would have known ahead of time, we would have stayed else where. You identify smoke-free rooms, maybe set aside from animal-free rooms too. The hallways were very noisy at night, we were surprised that no one from your staff checked the halls periodically and asked guests to be more quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and the room are very nice. And the people work here are freindly and room are big and hotel is by a gas station and it nice view and I like the room we have and it nice hotel james

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ironwood
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great stay, Clean rooms, no better place to stay. Breakfast is awesome. Waffles are my favorite. Otherwise it's yogurt and Raisin brand. Friendly staff always ready to help you with anything. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Very nice hotel and EXCELLENT price. Stayed in a suite for $60 and the room was wonderful. No Five star but then I didn't need all the glitz. The room was spacious, clean, well appointed, bed was comfortable, seemed newly remodeled. Will definitely stay again when the need arises.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

AmeriVu Inn & Suites
#5 of 8 in Rice Lake
Americas Best Value Inn Chetek
BEST WESTERN Spooner Riverplace

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake? Share your experiences!