“Pleasant surprise.”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rice Lake
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rice Lake
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel along with about 40 friends and family members attending our daughters wedding. It was clean, quiet, and a good value. The breakfast was great and included in the room rate. But the best part was the friendly, flexible staff. My only suggestion for improvement was to shorten the check in process. It seemed to take forever.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I would really recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff was super friendly. I work with the public everyday and it was a joy to have someone take care of me for a change. Anything and everything i needed was at my fingertips.. Thankyou so much for a wonderful experience. I WILL be back real soon...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I had booked a 2-room suite and 3 other double bed rooms for this last weekend (Easter) for my siblings. This is the 2nd year in a row that we’ve all stayed here for the Easter weekend. Unfortunately, this will be the last time we stay there. Some of us had cold showers both mornings! The cleaning staff was rude. We stayed Friday and Saturday night. On Sat. a.m., while we were all getting ready for the day, the maid knocked on all of our doors about 9:00 a.m. and wanted to clean our rooms right then. Some of us were still sleeping too. When we told her she would have to come back in the afternoon, she complained and said we were the only rooms assigned to her and she wanted to leave as soon as she could and not wait until the afternoon. When she knocked on my door, which was the last room, she didn’t even offer to clean our room. She just asked how many towels and garbage bags I wanted. She never offered to make our beds, so I made our own beds. The same thing happened to my sister in the 2-room suite. By Sun. a.m. we had wet towels piled up since she never came back to take the used towels from Sat. a.m. Her attitude was TERRIBLE and RUDE!!! And with COLD showers! The breakfast was horrible too! We will not be staying there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank SandraT774
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Overall, one of the nicer hotels I've stayed at in Northern Wisconsin. The hotel was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The wi-fi access was excellent. The hotel is convenient to a number of restaurants, and staff were very friendly. Breakfast was excellent, and I would highly recommend this hotel. For Northern Wisconsin, this qualifies as a 4-star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Every other month we rent a conference room at this Motel and absolutely love this place. The staff is fantastic, the rooms are always clean and the staff is amazing! They have a great breakfast spread too!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in to my room. They have recently updated the rooms, new carpet bedding etc and the room was very clean. I stay in Rice Lake occasionally for business but this was my first stay here. The hotel is on a busy street and I was concerned that it would be noisy. The rooms are very quite though. I was upgraded to a suite, so I have a second room with a whirlpool tub and couch. The bedding is high quality and the bed was comfortable.

I have tried other hotels in town and I definately will stay here when I return.

I few items worth noting: they do not have a work out facility which would be nice after being in the car much of the day. They do not have an express check out. Their breakfast includes waffles yogurt juice etc. The eggs and sausage available was a little old and unappealing. Perhaps earlier in the morning would have been better but you can find other choices to eat.

Room Tip: I stayed in 224. I would recommend the second floor although I am not sure if they have an elevator...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I get in the Rice Lake area for business several times a year. I have tried other local hotels and have made this hotel my first choice when in the area. The employees here are true professionals. The rooms are always very clean and the beds/pillows are very comfortable. The updated breakfast area and offerings are a plus. There is also a large pool with a hot tub that makes the stay here even more worth it. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Rice Lake Wisconsin area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake
Cobblestone Inn & Suites Barron

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rice Lake? Share your experiences!