“Wonderful place to stay. We're trying to find an excuse to go back again!”
Review of Best Western Inn

Best Western Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rice Lake
Reviewed 15 July 2013

When we arrived to check in on a steamy day, we were greeted at the front desk by friendly staff and ice cold bottles of water. We had a 2-room suite that was huge, clean, comfortable and had 2 bathrooms. It also had a sofa, tables, chairs, a fridge and all the comforts of home. The breakfasts are more than adequate. Pool and exercise room also available. A restaurant is not necessary because Lehman's is right next door and it serves fantastic lunches and dinners. I can't say enough good about this place. We've stayed in high end hotels all over the Country and this one can hold its own with any of them.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is an elevator so request a first-floor room if you are seniors or disable...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Inn

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The hotel was immaculate, the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was prepared with our choice. I would definitely stay at this location again. The location was very convenient and quiet. No smoking which we felt was a real plus. We didn't use the pool or hot tub, but folks that did seemed to be enjoying it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We found our rooms to be exceptionally clean and even though they faced the street did not hear the street noise in our rooms when the windows were closed. We had an eleven month old baby with us and he wasn't awakened during the night from street traffic. It is an easy walk to Lehman's a little over a block away on a paved path. Lehman's has been there over 75 years and has outstanding food at reasonable prices. It is a short drive to a half dozen other restaurants and other shopping is within two miles. Rice Lake is a nice place to visit and the staff at Best Western make it a nice place to stay. A new feature this year is a friendly hostess for the hot breakfast that is complimentary. Heather has a beautiful smile, friendly manner, and will cook your eggs to order. She treats a person like a guest in her home.

Room Tip: I've had rooms on the first floor, second floor, with exposure to the street, and away from the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Lori S, General Manager at Best Western Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

James F,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us how you enjoyed our new breakfast hostess and what you liked about your stay, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 715-234-7017.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I can't say enough good things about my experience here. My son and I stayed here for 2 nights for a football camp in town. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and the room was incredibly clean. We both had very good rest. The location was great. Traffic was far enough away from the building so there really was no noise. A refrigerator would have been nice but I didn't expect one so I didn't have a problem with it. I planned ahead and brought an ice cooler. Will definitely stay there again when I'm in the area. Better than 4 stars I have stayed at in the Twin Cities.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jason S
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Our trip to Rice Lake was to see family. Our check-in was very impressive. Two very friendly folks were at the desk. We would expect friendly and cordial in a small town in Wisconsin. This is a big motel. Our room was very clean. Internet service was excellent. Breakfast was average, but the lady overseeing the breakfast room was very friendly. We will stay there on our next visit to Rice Lake. Don't miss the Norske Nook, just a few blocks away. It is a unique place. We get our Scandinavian food cravings satisfied there.

Room Tip: The hallways are very long.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We were suppose to be in Rice Lake the day before at another hotel for work but work got postponed. She had problems getting us back into the other hotel so sent us here instead. So happy for the mistake! The beds were so comfortable, I didn't want to get up and "slept in" which I only do at home. Breakfast was a full course with fruit, eggs and sausage ,biscuits and gravy, and the breakfast girl was there to make omelettes! Rooms are clean ,quiet, and roomy. Nice hot tub, excersize room no pool ,but not that interested in swimming anyway. They also have a nice little bar on the property, staff was very friendly and helpful. Told my boss to skip ever going anywhere else!

Room Tip: No pool or restaurant
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I traveled a distance for business and needed a place to stay that was close to the area I was traveling through; overall the hotel was very clean, my room was spacious, tastefully decorated and I had lots of room to spread out my work stuff.

Front desk staff was courteous, professional, and confident. Check in was quick & speedy without any issues. My request to be on the 1st floor was granted without any questions.

Luggage carts were available for hauling in my belongings. Hotel has a continental breakfast available as well as a few restaurants that will deliver to the hotel. Rooms do have a microwave & dorm-sized refrigerator for foods stuffs. Only issue with this hotel is that it had outdated furniture & appliances (i.e. TV), clean but worn carpet and a very drab outside appearance.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Lori S, General Manager at Best Western Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Best Western Inn for your recent stay in Rice Lake. We have read your comments about a few issues you had at our hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

We are in the process of having new carpet throughout the hotel and we do offer several different room types that do have a microwave and fridge in the room upon request. We would have gladly moved you to one of those rooms if needed. We will be updating our exterior in the near future as well.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you, and we hope to see you again soon at Best Western Inn.

Best Western Inn, Rice Lake WI

Curriers Lakeview Lodge
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake
Cobblestone Inn & Suites Barron

Been to Best Western Inn? Share your experiences!