“The place to stay!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Richland Center
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“The place to stay!”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The starlite motel is the place to stay in richland center. Just like the sign says they do have the best rates in town. I shopped around and found out quick. It may not be the newest, however it certainly isn't the oldest. They have nice clean and quiet accommodations. What we liked the the most is how friendly they treated us! Not to mention I liked the wifi and she liked the cable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim_Cee2013
MHDistribution, Online Reputation Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Jim_Cee2013,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help you during your visit. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!

We wish you safe travels in your future adventures.

Starlite Motel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brooklyn Park
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

While the exterior of this motel looks old and tired, the rooms are very clean and well maintained. We stayed one night while traveling through the area on our motorcycle. We enjoy staying in motels where we can park right outside the door. Being on a busy highway, I was concerned about noise, but our stay was quiet and restful. The mattress was very comfortable. The bathroom was "vintage", but clean and serviceable. A nice motel run by nice people.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Heidi K
MHDistribution, Online Reputation Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to meet your needs during your stay. Many of our guests like the ability to park in front of their room and the security that can provide. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!

Safe Travels!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is an older motel. The owners are very nice people and are very willing to accomadate. This motel is a no frills drive up motel perfect for bikers who want to be able to stay near their bikes. If you plan to go to Vetesnik Sports and plan to stay overnight head back to Richland center and stay here. Prices are great too. They do not have a restaurant here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Many of our guests like the ability to park in front of their room and the security that provides. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!

Safe Travels!
Sterling, Illinois
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I can't say enough about the Starlite motel. The owners are very welcoming and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Not only did the owners treat us like family the owner went out of his way to retrieve my coat from an nearby restaurant that was giving me the run-around about sending me the coat. The restaurant was closed the next morning when I realized I had left it the night before when I was packing to leave. I called them about 8 times and repeatedly was told to call back to speak to the owner and no one would send it C.O.D. I didn't know what to do since this coat was expensive, I call the Starlite owner Gary and asked him if he could help me. Without hesitation he went and got my coat and sent it. He even called me to know when I would receive delivery. We will defiantly return to the Starlite.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Called a few weeks in advance to book a room, was quoted $62.00 + tax asked if they gave a military discount and was told yes. I held it with a credit card & told him I would pay in cash when checking in. Told him there were 2 people & we wanted two beds, he asked if queen beds were okay I said great. We got there and now the price was $69.00 + tax asked why the jump in price & was told prices change all the time. I reminded him of the price quote to which he said these are our prices. He grudgingly gave us a discount of $15.99. I was pulling a 12 foot enclosed trailer & asked if I could drive around the building as the parking lot was so narrow. I was told yes. After checking into the room we proceded to go set up for our craft show. I drove around the building with no problem. When we got back a few hours later I went to put the trailer where he told me and noticed a large round planter was pushed away from the building and almost in the way, I couldn't move it so I SLOWLY drove around the planter I barley grazed it & it shattered to pieces. He came out hollering and stomping, I told him I was sorry & would pay for it. Later that night we went for ice and asked him how much the planter woukd cost & were told it was very old & already have a new one in the shed. He said don't worry I won't charge your credit card for this. Sunday morning we are hooking up the trailer to leave & he came out yelling you have to sign paper first. We finished hooking up the trailer & went in to the office. He told me the planter cost $15.99 + tax I asked to see the reciept and he would not produce one. I said no reciept no pay, you upcharged us & did not give us a room with queen size beds. So I think we are even. He got real mad and sputtered something like you pay now I responded by saying BS. His response was "I will Kick your [--]" I turned & left with him yelling I will charge your credit card you will be sorry! Hospitality at its finest....NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Carolynn22
paulwisconsin, Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
this customer was stayed here in may 2013 and she called a few weeks before she was asking a price for double beds and price was 69.99 plus tax for 2 people and this price we have online too. she was agree and she made a reservation for 2 people for double beds also we don't have any weekend discount, when she ckeck in there were 3 people and she was asking for discount she said she have a military discount we told her on phone when she made a reservation we don't have a weekend discount but we still give her a discount when she ckeck in. also she gave me a credit card information to hold a room, before 48 hours of reservation we try to charge her card but card was invalid but we still hold the room for her. so when she check in she just paid for 2 people when I asked her to pay for 3rd person she said she don't have a money, then I asked her for valid credit card information for security purposes but she said she don't have a credit card then she gave us her friends credit card and it was invalid too.finally she paid cash for room rent for 2 people only not for 3rd person.after she had a long trailor on back of her truck so we gave her room on front side and we asked her not to drive truck with trailor on back side because we have a short room on back side she said ok, then she unload the stuff in room and she drive all around back side first time was ok but then she came back after several hours and she drive again back side with trailor and she damaged a big flower pot , she broked a pot so I came out and told her why she drive on back side she said you didn't told me to drive on back side after I asked her to pay damaged cost but she said she don't have a money and valid credit card so she stayed two days in rooms with 3 people and after that when she was check out we told her to pay damage cost and 3rd person rent so she gets angry and she was using a bad languages but I didn't said anything and I let her go and after she left we checked a room was very dirty and messy she did.
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 May 2013

With such reasonable rates, I was concerned about what our room would be like. We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room. Very comfortable bed, refridgerator, microwave, wireless internet were ver nice. The only thing missing was a coffee maker. I always pack my own ;-)! The bathroom was also very clean with the exception of the register....very old and rusty. Overall, we were pleased with our room and would return. The housekeeping team is A+ and the owner very nice.

Room Tip: Our room faced the highway and we could hear the traffic. Turn on the air conditioner fan and it wi...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnneMarie H
rgoerke
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We had been biking the trails all day and we needed a nice reasonable place to stay that night. Several other places in town were filled up. Then we tried the Star Lite Motel. The owner only had a two bed room and we needed only a one bed room. He gave us a great deal on the two bed room. The room was clean, comfortable bed, clean bathroom with tub and warm shower. It was too early in the season for the pool to be open. We heard no noise from the road outside. Overall our experience was very good. We highly recommend this motel and will use it again.

Room Tip: We were happy with the room we stayed in.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Super 8 Reedsburg
Super 8 Reedsburg
#2 of 4 in Reedsburg
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Boscobel

Been to Starlite Motel Richland Center? Share your experiences!