“Bed bugs”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Richland Center
Hazelhurst
“Bed bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Never again. It was frightening and we decided not to change rooms in fear there would be a similar problem in other rooms. Owner refused refund when we left and checked into another hotel. It was worth the lesson, I guess.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank casadepepe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cary, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have stayed at the Starlite on multiple occasions and I have always enjoyed my stay. The rooms are always clean. The rooms I have stayed in have mini-refrigerators and microwaves as well as newer televisions with plenty of cable channels to keep me entertained. The motel is family owned and the owners are always friendly and will go out of their way to make sure your stay is enjoyable.

There is a supermarket, many restaurants, and shops in a strip mall within walking distance so it is easy to get what you need if you forgot something for your trip.

I will continue to frequent the Starlite whenever I am in the area.

Skip Priceline and similar services and call them directly. You'll get the best rate that way.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jason J
MHDistribution, Guest Relations Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Jason J.,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to enjoy all the features and services that we take pride in. We look forward to seeing you again!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

This was a motel in bad need of tearing down and building a new one. Extremely outdated! The help is in real need of learning ediquite. We were the only room rented, 2 of the 3 day there. Except for the people who (owners?) Work there. I checked in 1030am and asked not to be in the back. I came back at 330pm and she told me I was in the back! I then said give me the lower level she said none was available. Remember we were the only room rented. I payed Priceline and she said she wouldn't charge me I already paid! I settled for a front unit. We asked for a late checkout she said it was 1030am after that we would be charged for another day. No meal no coffee no one In the office till after 8am if then. Pay alittle more it would be worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
paulwisconsin, Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
dear customer, whatever you said in review its not true we have check in time is 3:00 p.m and you came 10:00 am in the morning but we wont sell room until check in time and if you would like to check in early customer has to pay extra money and also you made reservation from priceline of $55:00 but we just get $25;00 . hotels has to pay high commission to priceline, and you checkout at 11:00 a.m.and we have check out time is 10:30 a.m , but we did not charge this customer and we gave you a excellent service and we have average weekdays 10 to 12 rooms everyday rent out still we have a great business in town we don't allowed piggy people in our hotel, we do have a enough customers, if you wont be here in future again we not worry about it.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I was looking a best place to stay in Richland Center,Wisconsin by online for my business trip and finally I found a great video of Starlite motel at Magnusonhotels.com Side. I made a Reservation at the motel and they give me a very reasonable rates $50.00 for king size and I stayed in room-109 it was backside of the motel great view on back, bed was very comfortable,very clean room with refridgerator and microwave, I was surprised how great room is also motels offer me a free restaurant breakfast coupon of center café just next to the motel,very nice and lots of varietys of breakfast,very good management of motel I will stay here again when I have a trip at richland center.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
MHDistribution, Online Reputation Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Scott A,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed breakfast at the café next door. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!

Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I was in the area to conduct business overnight and was looking for an inexpensive place to stay.The rate was very reasonable and the staff was very hospitable.Loved the coupon that i received from them to eat breakfast at the restaurant next door.I will be back in the area for business again and intend to stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
MHDistribution, Online Reputation Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Wayne W.,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of the new breakfast option we offer.

We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!

Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We were traveling on motorcycles taking in small towns on two lane roads. I booked this room through Travelocity. My standard is let the price match the room. If I pay $49 for a room, it will be a $49 room. I paid $90 for this bug infested filthy rat hole. When checking in, another person came in and asked for rates. The clerk told him to wait. Found out he got a $49 rate to my $90 rate. The room was horrible. It had two queen beds set up NOT SIDE BY SIDE, rather a 90 degree set up. The whopping 20" flat screen was mounted near the ceiling and the person in one of the beds couldn't watch it. We were given a room on the back subjecting our motorcycles to less than admirable conditions. This is a hotel taking advantage of Travelocity.

Room Tip: Don't stop.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
MHDistribution, Online Reputation Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Ron,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. Our rates as a whole vary based on where they are displaying. Our online rates are usually higher due to the added expense of displaying them. The rate you reference at $49 is our no walk rate and was offered for a one bed room for one person. Your rate reflected the two beds, two people that you booked on a travel site. As you travel to various areas, we would like to recommend contacting the hotels directly to see if you can get better deals. We would also hope that you would contact the front desk if you are not happy with your future accommodations. We would have been happy to work with you to find a room that was better suited to your needs if we had known about your displeasure.

We wish you safe travels in your future adventures.

Lindstrom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Although the outside of the building was old and tired, I could deal with that. But the room had a smell to it, the air conditioner had a controller on it, the under ware I washed never dried, there was only one little itty bitty bar of soap in bathroom, no shampoo, no conditioner, not nothing else. the bed was so hard it hurt. The TV was tiny and way up on the wall so you had to lay flat to watch. The bedspreads needed a good washing. Oh! there was one chair so only one person could sit at the table. The pool, was drained dry and looks like it had never been filled. My My, will never go back and would not recommend it to anyone. Oh, forgot that there was no ice machine, you had to go ask owners and they ice cubes out of their refrigerator.

Room Tip: don't stop
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear James Y,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We would have been happy to address your concerns at the hotel if we had known about your displeasure with the facilities. Our pool has been shut down permanently for a while which is why we don’t advertise a pool at the motel and why you didn’t see it available why you were here. We also like to keep the ice in the office so we have a chance to interact with our guests during their stay and give them the chance to let us know if they need anything during their stay.

We would hope that you would contact the front desk if you are not happy with your future accommodations. Again, we would have been happy to work with you to find a room that was better suited to your needs if we had known about your displeasure.

We wish you safe travels in your future adventures.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richland Center
#2 of 3 in Boscobel
River Inn
River Inn
#1 of 3 in Boscobel

Been to Starlite Motel Richland Center? Share your experiences!