Rembrandt and Rutabagas
Ramada Richland Center(Richland Center)
US$75
Travelocity
Round Barn Lodge(Spring Green)
US$145
US$134
Sand's Motel(Boscobel)
US$72
US$65
Spring Valley Inn(Spring Green)
US$136
US$129
Motel Reedsburg(Reedsburg)
US$51
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Had a wonderful time at this unique and beautiful bed and breakfast. Sitting on the deck, drinking coffee,looking at the wildflower garden and views of the Wisconsin countryside was wonderful. The bedrooms are well furnished with comfortable beds and each room is totally different. I loved the toy room with all the toys from the 50s and the Barbie Doll case upstairs. This bed and breakfast is very retro but with a country and artistic flare. This is not your ordinary bed and breakfast. This is a hidden gem that can't be duplicated. Loved it, and hope to come back again. Thank you owner for your hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband chose this place for a surprise weekend getaway and it was a great choice. The setting was peaceful and soothing--it was a great base for heading off to canoeing and other local attractions.

The decor was fun, artsy, and interesting. It seemed there was always some little decorating touch catching my eye that I hadn't noticed previously. We stayed in the upstairs room--quiet and very comfortable with a nice attached bath. There is an additional sitting area upstairs with a TV--a nice place to relax after the day's adventures. (I enjoyed reminiscing with the Barbie doll collection from my childhood era!) Jane is an enjoyable hostess and even accommodated our vegan diet (yummy granola!).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Overall this was a nice experience, the surroundings are great, it is in a rural area, and within easy driving distance from Taliesin, House on the Rock, Cave of the Mounds. We stayed two nights, with a group of six people, occupying the three bedrooms at the lowest level. Breakfast was good, I've had worse in B&B's as well as better. My only negative point is that at the lower level the rooms were a bit noisy, in our room under the kitchen/dining room you could hear every footstep on the level above you very well. As there is not much else to choose from in the area besides a few motels and (much more) expensive lodging, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I found the lower level room a bit noisy, would see if upper level is available next time.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed for 3 days and really enjoyed my visit. Jane cooked a variety of breakfasts that were all quite delicious and the setting of the B&B was absolutely peaceful and soothing to the senses as well. If I should ever return to the Richland Center area, I'll definitely be staying here!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2011

First of all, this place would be beautiful no matter where it was located. But because of where it is located - in the midst of a rural famland community - it is even more stunning! Jane is an artist and teacher with a flair for design - and a wonderful hostess. While our stay was for one night, it would be even more ideal for several nights at a time. With Richland Center being the birthplace of Frank Lloyd Wright, there are several samples of his work that tourists from all over the world travel to see, not the least of which is Taliesin in Spring Green (about 30 minutes away). While you're there, you can also visit House on the Rock. Then come back to relax and unwind in the architectural wonder that is Rembrandt and Rutabagas. We plan to return time and time again for a wonderul B&B experience that we will never forget.

Room Tip: There is no bad room in the house!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple