“soak up all the splendor” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rembrandt and Rutabagas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richland Center
Rembrandt and Rutabagas
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
“soak up all the splendor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

My weekend stay at Rembrandt and Rutabaga was energizing! This B&B has amazing decor with happy colors, lots of vintage artifacts and antiques, all blended in. You'll experience unique connections and remember past memories wherever you look. All thoughtfully put together in a comfortable environment. The room we stayed in is named the Truman room, and had a lovely walk out patio to relax on. The bed was very comfortable. The views are breath taking from any room in the house, overlooking the beautiful rolling countryside. We counted 5 deer grazing in the morning from the breakfast table. Breakfast was different each morning. Jane's gourmet cooking was delicious, healthy and included juice and coffee. I left behind my cell phone charger and it was promptly mailed out and returned back to me. I will be back there again for another stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed in April 2014 ,Rembrandt and Rutabagas is in peaceful and relaxing rural area.Rooms are very clean and the bed I had was excellent. I had the Truman room in the basement.It has a patio door that opens out to a patio... Each room has a different theme to it and it's done extremely tasteful. Breakfast was very good.I am allergic to cats and even though Jane has 5 cats they were not an issue for me. The cats stay in her private area of the B&B. Jane has an eclectic decorating style, very cool. The powder room inside the front door has a small sitting room and a separate toilet and sink room. There is the cutest little bubbler in the sitting room. I will definitely go back to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The owner of this beautiful and unique home is an artist, and this is evident in every corner. it would take days to examine all the charming, interesting, vintage objects and collections that decorate it. It is situated in an especially quiet, green, and peaceful area of central Wisconsin.
Jane, the owner, is friendly and accessible. We had an interesting and relaxed conversation with her in the evening. She cooked an elegant breakfast for us and served it in vintage tableware.
Our bed was comfortable and the room was cozy.
We recommend this home and its owner enthusiastically to everyone wishing to visit this scenic location. However, those with cat allergies may wish to seek lodging elsewhere--Jane recently adopted 5 kittens.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ShopJaneShop, Owner at Rembrandt and Rutabagas, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
I found the kittens who were born to a feral mom, and that I adopted, on the fourth floor of the Frank Lloyd Wright designed A. D. German Warehouse in his (and my) home town of Richland Center. They live in my quarters, frequent a second floor deck and not guest rooms and are introduced to guests only by request. Since my B&B does not have carpet and is frequently cleaned even I, who have cat allergies, am not affected by them!
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I grew up in Richland Center and this was by far the best stay I've had, since moving away. Jane is an excellent source of information about the area...where to find things to do, must-do's, area history, etc. Her place is artistic and modern without being pretentious; meals are excellent and filling but also healthful and definitely homemade. Our bed was VERY comfy and sheets/blankets were high quality, bathroom clean and fun (tiled shower, spa tub, Batphone & vintage dressing table). She was very accomodating, as well. I loved my stay at this B&B and plan on staying the next time I visit home. It's a 5 minute drive from town, so it's pretty perfect - you get the peacefulness of the country and the conveniences of a town.

Room Tip: Our room had an optional loft w/ sink, fridge, microwave, etc. Excellent for small families or to b...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rockford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Had a wonderful time at this unique and beautiful bed and breakfast. Sitting on the deck, drinking coffee,looking at the wildflower garden and views of the Wisconsin countryside was wonderful. The bedrooms are well furnished with comfortable beds and each room is totally different. I loved the toy room with all the toys from the 50s and the Barbie Doll case upstairs. This bed and breakfast is very retro but with a country and artistic flare. This is not your ordinary bed and breakfast. This is a hidden gem that can't be duplicated. Loved it, and hope to come back again. Thank you owner for your hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband chose this place for a surprise weekend getaway and it was a great choice. The setting was peaceful and soothing--it was a great base for heading off to canoeing and other local attractions.

The decor was fun, artsy, and interesting. It seemed there was always some little decorating touch catching my eye that I hadn't noticed previously. We stayed in the upstairs room--quiet and very comfortable with a nice attached bath. There is an additional sitting area upstairs with a TV--a nice place to relax after the day's adventures. (I enjoyed reminiscing with the Barbie doll collection from my childhood era!) Jane is an enjoyable hostess and even accommodated our vegan diet (yummy granola!).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Schaumburg, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

Overall this was a nice experience, the surroundings are great, it is in a rural area, and within easy driving distance from Taliesin, House on the Rock, Cave of the Mounds. We stayed two nights, with a group of six people, occupying the three bedrooms at the lowest level. Breakfast was good, I've had worse in B&B's as well as better. My only negative point is that at the lower level the rooms were a bit noisy, in our room under the kitchen/dining room you could hear every footstep on the level above you very well. As there is not much else to choose from in the area besides a few motels and (much more) expensive lodging, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I found the lower level room a bit noisy, would see if upper level is available next time.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple