“Worst Hotel Stay I've Ever Had”

Comfort Suites at Royal Ridges
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ripon
Lomira, Wisconsin
“Worst Hotel Stay I've Ever Had”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My boyfriend and I recently atteneded a wedding at Royal Ridges and spent the night at Comfort Suites. We were thrilled at the convienence of having the hotel within walking distance of the venue. Unfortunately that is where the excitement ended. We had the awful misfortune of having a room right next to the stairwell and we ended up getting very little sleep. There was a group of people staying across the hall in 5 or 6 seperate rooms and all we heard the whole time was children running up and down the hall and the stairwell door slamming shut. Beyond that annoyance, the pillows were very small and way too firm. It was very uncomfortable. My boyfriend works for a construction company and looked at the door for the stairwell and determined the closer was adjusted incorectly. When we complained to the front desk and tried to explain the problem we were basically disregarded. We were told "The manager spends most of his time at the other property." We felt the customer service was horrible and that the man checking us out really didn't care that we had a bad experience.

We will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank matmeg2

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Booked a room using my reward points. Arrived at 11:00 after 5 hour car ride and was told by the clerk I would have to pay for my room. Even after showing him my confirmation it took over an hour for him to give us a room. Hotel was decent but stay was ruined by this horrible service. I stay at Choice hotels all the time and this was the worst service I have ever had!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank zaboodle
Andrew A, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Royal Ridges, responded to this review, 12 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment via TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites @ Royal Ridges in Ripon, WI. Guest comments are crucial to the growth of our hotel and its team. It is unfortunate that your check-in experience did not meet your expectations. I can't imagine how frustrating it was for you to wait such a long period of time to get checked-in to our hotel. It was unacceptable on our part to have you wait and I am truly sorry for this inconvenience. I take full responsibility as General Manager that we did not have our Guest Service Agent correctly trained. I have shared your comment with our desk team and will use this opportunity to better train them. Thank you again for your loyalty to Choice Hotels and we look forward to your next visit to Ripon, WI.
Flintstone, Maryland
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed at the Royal Ridges, and was happy with it. Looked to be clean, and the girl that checked us in was helpful if there was a problem. Beds were big, had desk, tv, chair, couch, dresser and lights. We were facing the parking lot, but they must have replaced the curtians with heavier ones. It was plenty dark in the room at night for sleeping. Continental breakfast was good, try their waffles. Pool was great, and was 3'- 4'10" deep. Hot tub, and kids pool. All very nice. Plenty of places to eat in the area, with bowling and such in the town as well. Would defianatly stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The room was spacious and amazingly clean. We had great beds and the staff was great. In the morning the free breakfast included hot items such as make your own waffles. Didn't check out the pool and hot tub, but had others in the group that did and they said it was excellent. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Central Illinois
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Stayed for 3 nights at this hotel while traveling around Central Wisconsin. Got a great rate on a 2-queen room, which was well-furnished (except for curtains, see below), quite roomy and included a microwave, fridge, couch and coffee table. Facility (interior and exterior) were very well maintained, with the exception of carpets in the hallways and elevator showing quite a bit of wear. Common areas were clean, and hallways are very, very wide (and well lit). Friendly front desk staff. Well-lit parking lot -- I will agree with one of the previous reviewers about the room needing better curtains; I too had a room facing the parking lot, and the bright lot lights really shine in around the very basic, simple curtains. FANTASTIC water pressure in shower. Daily issue of WSJ was placed at my door on day 1 and 2 -- day 3 it wasn't, but free WSJ was available in lobby. Breakfast was very nice --- scrambled eggs, sausage links, waffles, fresh fruit all 3 mornings. I did not swim, but for those of you that do, keep this in mind.... adult pool is very small -- roughly 15' x 15'; it has 2 basketball goals, but I really don't see how exciting of a game of basketball you could have in a pool that small. There is a kiddie pool with a cool water feature -- it's roughly the same size as the adult pool. TV was "old style" -- not a flat screen; and, there was no HBO. HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT: the exercise room. This facility should not be advertising what they've got as an "exercise room". The **3** pieces of equipment were old, squeaky and the cheap, K-Mart variety; nothing electric, no weights, no treadmill. Plus, the batteries to run the displays on the equipment were dead.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CentILMatt
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Went to Ripon / Green Lake for my nephews 25th Wedding Anniversary, I was going to stay at the Heidel House but the 2 night price of $739 was too much , instead stayed at Comfort Suites. All I wanted was a King sized bed ,the only way to get it was to stay in a Jacuzzi suites @ $179 / night. The room was nice the breakfast was good and we had a great time with family, but I stayed at the Palazzo for less than this as well as getting a good room at the Intercontinental for a similar price . I guess it is what ever the market will bear .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Katnden
Reviewed 23 July 2011

My stay was short but pleasant at this Comfort Suites. The front desk clerk at check in was very enthusiastic about her job and professional throughout. She had to reprogram my room key but did so happily. The room was at or slightly above standard Comfort Suites. Breakfast was very good, no silver dollar egg medallions! The gentleman at the front desk when I checked out was very positive and professional as well.

• Stayed July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripon
Boarders Inn and Suites Ripon, WI
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Waupun
Heidel House Resort & Spa
Heidel House Resort & Spa
#2 of 4 in Green Lake

Been to Comfort Suites at Royal Ridges? Share your experiences!