“Nice enough place, but kind of pricey”

Comfort Suites at Royal Ridges
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ripon
wisconsin
“Nice enough place, but kind of pricey”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We returned yesterday from a 2 night stay at this motel. We were there for Family Weekend at Ripon college. I had my son daughter and husband, as well as the family dog along to see my daughter. The place is clean enough, if a bit worn in spots. Light between beds did not work and there was literally no outside areas to sit out in. Odd give proximity to the Event hall, which seemingly hosted lots of weddings and proximity to Green Lake. Hotel was more like what you would expect to find on the side of an interstate. Beyind that staff were nice, and even found my sons left behind laptop and calledus ( not going to happen just anywhere.) My biggest beef was the over one hundred a night price tag. In my opinion that's pretty steep for an ordniary motel.

Room Tip: Take the first floor if you have a dog.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 August 2012

By chance, my wife was on business training in Green Lake and I ended up meeting with her in Ripon at Comfort Suites. I'm sure the hotel gets swamped when the adjoining Royal Ridges facility is hosting an event but fortunately, it was nice and quiet during our three-day stay. A big bonus was our dog could stay as well.

Having stayed in many hotel rooms, my wife and I always notice cleanliness first. This wasn't an issue here. There were no parking issues and Walgreen's was less than a block away. This came in handy when we realized we forgot basic necessities. Ripon itself is small so finding late-night dining (without hitting a bar) became an issue. No fault of the hotel, obviously, but something to consider if you're coming to the area from a larger city.

My wife and I enjoyed hanging out in the game room. It was small but it was also nice having the entire place to ourselves. I'm not a fan of communal hotel pools but this one appeared to be sparsely-used, at least during our visit. Some people may enjoy bustling community areas- this hotel appealed to me precisely because it was quiet, yet well-maintained. This would be my first choice if I visited the area again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hang L
Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We had spent the day in Oshkosh, and were heading to Wisconsin Dells the next day. Since we live north of Oshkosh, we decided to find a hotel in Oshkosh. All of them were either full or too expensive, so we decided to book a room here instead. The place was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The staff were very friendly and helpful for checking us in at 11:30 at night. I'd highly recommend this place!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kirlpamp
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We enjoyed every minute of our stay at comfort suites. The rooms are large and clean and the beds were very comfortable. I think our favorite feature was the pool. There is a great kiddie pool which was perfect for my 1 year old. The hot breakfast was delicious and saved us a lot of money since we stayed for a week. We happened to lose the car keys the night before we had to leave, the entire staff helped us look and they found them! Overall, this hotel is a great place to stay...clean, awesome staff and worth every penny. We would love to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank caramorgan
Milwaukee, wi
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Very pleased with the large rooms with 2 beds plus pull out! Plenty of room to spread out. The pool area is fantastic for families with a very shallow wading pool with sprinklers, hot tub and pool with basketball nets. Included in the price was a complimentary hot breakfast buffet (even during the week!) and happy hour with snacks, wine and beer. Bed was a bit hard, but ok. Would stay again when in the area!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cao1530
Central Illinois
Reviewed 17 March 2012

spent 3 nights at this facility, which was my second stay here (see previous review from September 2011) -- not much different from the previous review... very friendly staff; nice furnishings in room, except couch and lampshades were showing strong signs of wear/use; comfortable bed; TV is now a flat-screen; good water pressure; curtains do seem to now be "thicker", or diffusers have been added to lights in parking lot; WSJ was not at my door each morning, but it was available in the lobby; wi-fi was out across the whole facility, as there had been some type of equipment failure; manager reception is offered several evenings a week... free snacks, pop, beer, wine; breakfast is still nice... scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon, waffles, yogurt, danishes, etc.; DISAPPOINTMENTS: exercise room is still a joke... equipment is worn and very cheap; still no movie channels (no HBO, no Showtime, no Starz)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Bloomingdale, Illinois
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I was impressed by the hotel, as is it seems very new and has a great pool and hot tub area, including the work out room. The staff personnel are there to do anything they can to make your stay great. To top it off, the manager has a maanager's reception (Monday through Thursday) with free beer and wine). Close to downtown with quaint shops and great places to eat. Make sure you make your reservations early, as they fill up quickly for the EAA show in Oskosh.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank avyski
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripon
Boarders Inn and Suites Ripon, WI
Countryside Lodge Magnuson Hotel
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Waupun
Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center
Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh
Comfort Suites Oshkosh
Comfort Suites Oshkosh
#9 of 11 in Oshkosh

Been to Comfort Suites at Royal Ridges? Share your experiences!