“Terrific Stay!!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ripon
Hampshire, Ill
“Terrific Stay!!!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed there with a group of 3 couples over the weekend of August 23rd-25th, 2013. Front desk personnel were very friendly and accommodating, giving us restaurant suggestions, etc. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The pool area was ample, if a little devoid of extras (plants, and the like) Breakfast was the usual, but plenty of it. Very good experience.

Room Tip: We always ask for top floor, so no one is walking around above us.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Perry
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We booked this hotel to swim with our children and grand children while traveling. When making reservations we asked if they had a pool. Response was ,"yes", but they didn't bother to tell us it was not in operation.We had booked 2 nights. When we dicided to not stay the 2nd night, we were told we would lose our points. So now a hassle and phone calls to try to see if we could keep our points since we had changed our mind about finding otter accommendations with a pool. When we tried to ask questions or make purchases, no one was behind the desk to pay for purchases or ask questions. We tried unsucsessfully on 3 different occassions in the early evening. One of the guests suggesting calling a phone number, and the number wouldn't go through. On the next morning, again, no one was at the front desk. Around 10:30 a.m., the maid entered the room while guests were showering and started making the bed. I told her we were not reading to check out and she looked at me like I was stupid!. I was very upset with hotel and will never stay there again. In all my years of travel, I have never had an experiance like this!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Babcock
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

The hallways are wide but very dark, and I know this because I spent quite a while hanging out in the hallway with my luggage because my key cards didn't work. Not a huge deal, except that my husband had to go back down to the office twice to get somebody to help us. The second time the desk person answered the phone in the middle of my husband's request for help, leaving him hanging at her mercy. The service leaves MUCH to be desired. They also have a weird policy of not guaranteeing valuables in the room. Fine, but instead, they automatically charge you for the safe in the room. Super tacky! You have to ask at check out to have the charge removed, and suffer the wrath of the crabby desk clerk. On the plus side, the wifi is fast and the pool area is clean (the hot tub is tepid). Unfortunately, there isn't much to choose from in Ripon and so they can charge quite a lot for mediocre service.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank sebsss
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I've stayed here several times and it is always acceptable. Clean, quiet, and a large facility.
The customer service could be better. Every time the desk staff is not paying attention or uncaring. I asked for the 3 rd floor, and got the 2nd floor. Not sure why, they were not fully booked. Since I stay at a hotel 3-4 times a week, it was very noticeable. The local is great, set back from the road and very quiet. Breakfast is average and the wireless is good. I know it could be better.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank B W
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed one night for business. The bar snacks and free wine/beer from 4:00-7:00pm was a pleasant surprise. Coffee, hot water, and hot chocolate/tea packets were available at all times in the lobby. Beds were comfortable and the breakfast in the morning met all my expectations for a hotel breakfast. If in Ripon again, I would book Comfort Suites.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Lake Arrowhead, California
Reviewed 27 October 2012

There is not much around beautiful Ripon, WI….This hotel offers large and bright rooms, pool area is large, clean and open “till midnight”. Service is OK – you cannot expect better based on the area. Exercise room isn’t the best one I have seen in my years of travel – three machines from local K-Mart and every single one is falling apart. I guess if you need to be in Ripon than you have only one option – stay at Comfort Suites at Royal Ridges or drive to Oshkosh….

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Aleksandr M
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I'm picky about my hotel rooms. Very picky. This was a nice place to stay with some great in-room amenities: a couch, a microwave and refrigerator and plenty of room. It was clean and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank krommec
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripon
Boarders Inn and Suites Ripon, WI
Countryside Lodge Magnuson Hotel
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Waupun
Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center
Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh
Comfort Suites Oshkosh
Comfort Suites Oshkosh
#9 of 11 in Oshkosh

Been to Comfort Suites at Royal Ridges? Share your experiences!