“Great Value - Quality was that of a 2-3 star Hotel”

Econo Lodge River Falls
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in River Falls
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I travled to the Econolodge as a president of a college club sports team. We stayed for one night, looking for good rest for our games the next day. I looked for the cheapest place in River Falls and surrounding area, I think I found that at the Econolodge. The lobby area was clean, crisp and updated. Hotel staff was friendly. The hallways were wide and rooms were nice but unconsistant. We had 4 rooms, three of them had fridges in them (larger than normal) one was stainless steel, all had microwaves. They all had updated vanities, coffee maker, tv, dresser, table, chairs and beds. The beds were very comfortable and high off the ground (gave the feel of a luxurious bed). The pool was slightly small, but acceptable - no hot tub. Unfortunatly we missed breakfast (it was only served until 9am and on a sunday!) however, I heard it was good adn was even served with bisquets and gravy.

I really enjoyed the stay, would defnitly stay there again!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 April 2012

This Hotel as REALLY increased it's quality from the past. Breakfest was good, the staff was helpful and friendly, the hotel is very quite, and pool and hot tub were running just fine, the hotel is clean and neat, and the rooms are exactly what you should expect from an Econolodge.

I have seen this Hotel Building under three different names now (First a Super 8, then a Highland Inn, now an Econolodge) and I must say that I am VERY impressed with this hotel. The management has put a LOT of work into this place to make it worth your money and it now is!

I never write reviews about Hotels but I had to with this one. There has been so much work put into this place and such a HUGE improvement that I could not let it go unmetioned.

This place is finally up to par. Good work Econolodge!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Robert_Hughes-GM, General Manager at Econo Lodge River Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for your kind words Andrew. It is very rewarding as a new manager for customers to appreciate the difference between how things were run in the past and how they are being run now. Our ultimate goal is to be the best deal in town with 2 star prices and 5 star service.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

My family was in town visiting my brother at the local university. Our room was nicely decorated and clean. The front desk staff was polite and accomodating. It would have been nice if the pool area was open, but it looks like they are renovating it. The vending machines did not appear to be in working order, which I thought was odd though. The hotel feels clean and the breakfast area and lobby are very nice. I think the hotel will be a very nice place to stay once the renovations are complete. I was a little confused about the name though...at night the sign lights up and says Super 8, however the amenities in the guest rooms say Econo Lodge, but the hotel is actually called the Highland Inn. Not a problem, we thought it was funny but some travelers may be confused by this. One note, it would be helpful if the hotel had rolloway beds available. Also, it would be nice to have a fridge and microwave in the rooms. We requested one and it was not in the room when we checked in, they did bring us one the second day though.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Robert_Hughes-GM, General Manager at Econo Lodge River Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

I started in February so your review was a little bit before my time but since I have been here we acquired new vending machines, reopened the pool, replaced the beds with comfy Serta mattresses, new furniture, new carpet and the sign now says Econo Lodge. I would love it if you could come back and see all these great changes. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and have a great day!

Reviewed 28 August 2011

we stayed here two nights while my daughter took placement exams at the UW. The staff was very accomodating, there is no longer a "smell" as posted earlier, it is clean and mostly renovated. Although the pool was not working. I am about to pick up the phone and make a reservation, so Yes I will be going back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review for us. The pool is up and running again and we have added many great improvements since you have been here last. We look forward to seeing you again and have a wonderful day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near River Falls
Best Western Rivertown Inn & Suites
Nichols Inn Red Wing
Nichols Inn Red Wing
#4 of 9 in Red Wing

Been to Econo Lodge River Falls? Share your experiences!