Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rothschild
Reviewed 19 December 2012

very nice place to stay the king suites are the best the beds are very comfortable The food in the Green mill bar was very good.stayed in a suite with a spa it was very relaxing after a long day.The staff at the front desk were very nice at check in and out

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Thank you for the nice comments on our hotel and restaurant.. Our goal is to service our guests to the best of our abilities. I will share your comments with our staff. Please be sure to visit us again.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Very nice property, looks like they are remodeling some of the rooms at the present time. Since I am a platinum member they upgraded me to a room over looking the pool with a hot tub. Nice! Had a TV in the bathroom and double sinks always a plus!

The free breakfast leaves alot to be desired, but i am sure they want you to dine in the restaurant instead.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

The staff and I are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of doing some upgrades within the hotel. We hope you always think of us during your travels in Wausau. As always we appreciate you being a platinum member. Have a Great Holiday season.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

This is a very nice Holiday Inn. My room was spotlessly clean, updated, and everything worked. The beds was comfortable. A very expansive room service menu. I stayed here after conducting business in the area. I haven't stayed anywhere else in the area, but for the price paid ($70/night), it is an outstanding value and very nice.

Room Tip: The hallways are very long, so if you have mobility issues, ask for a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jmdc1772
heyroth, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are pleased that we made you feel comfortable and welcomed here at the Holiday Inn. Please come and stay with us whenever you get a chance.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

If your car breaks down, I hope it is here. We had the best experience its to bad we couldnt stay.
So helpful at the front desk, shuttled us to our rental car. Couldnt have been better.I hope we can stay on a extended weekend. We did not want to leave. Possibly coming back for Octoberfest! Thank you

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

We are so glad we could be of help to you during your time of need. We believe in customer service and are more than willing to lend a helping hand. Please stay with us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Spent two nights here for a family wedding. Fantastic bed (pillow top mattress - felt like I was sleeping on a cloud) and pillows. The bathroom was immaculate and has a flatscreen tv mounted on the wall. Nice decor in the rooms. There was a bit of a funny smell in the room (fried food? possibly consumed by guests the day before my arrival?) but I didn't call the front desk who very well may have been able to rectify it. There was also a dark stain on the carpet in front of one of the beds but it looked like housekeeping had tried to get it out right before my arrival. They let me check in early with no hassle whatsoever. Got great service all weekend from the bar and restaurant. A nice location close to the interstate but not ON the interstate so there is no traffic noise whatsoever. There is a grocery store right across the parking lot to stock up on provisions for your stay. The only time I left the hotel was to attend the bridal ceremony at a nearby church, so I can't comment on nearby attractions or sight-seeing. Continental breakfast was average but they had flavored creamer for the coffee so that was a huge plus in my book.

Room Tip: I had a ground-floor room with a sliding patio door, so if I wanted to step out for some fresh air I...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I have shared it with our housekeeping staff. We will continue to strive towards excellence and great customer service.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

The check in staff was very polite and helpful even when I had issues with my company credit card. The hotel is in excellent shape and the room was very clean. The Green Mill restaurant on site was good and the wait person was knowledgable even though she was new. Great location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bucksterdude
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stay here for business on a regular basis. I choose it because I am a priority club member, and there is a restaurant next door eliminating the need to go anywhere if I get in later. The staff is always friendly upon check-in, and the rooms are consistently clean and comfortable.The value for price paid is the best in the area that I found so far. I do not use the pool so I cannot comment on that amenity. There is a grocery store, liquor store and liquor store near by for whatever you may have forgotten on your travels. Not sure why this hotel is getting negative reviews, as I have never had a bad experience here. When traveling on business or personal, I don't expect much from continental breakfasts, but this one has everything one might want or need.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth-Lucy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothschild
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau
Best Western Plus Wausau-Rothschild Hotel
Grand Lodge Waterpark Resort
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wausau, WI
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
#2 of 11 in Wausau

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild? Share your experiences!