“What a Nice Change of Pace”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Rothschild
Woodstock, Illinois
“What a Nice Change of Pace”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

As a business traveler, I rarely take advantage of the pool/saunas offered at other hotels, but I was absolutely thrilled that I had packed my swimsuit for my overnight stay. The pool, hot tub and sauna were heavenly after a long day of driving. My room was comfy and the plush blanket was a nice change from the usual hotel bedspread. I truly didn't want to get up in the morning. I would recommend this to anyone travelling in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Previously when checking in, they used to give out coupons to local businesses for discounts on dinner and drinks. Last couple times I checked in, they never even mentioned it. Said they hardly ever gave them out. maybe because you never offer them? They also neglected to give me the top half of the voucher that indicated conditions of the discount, and I ended up paying full price. The other option was a discount on a future stay, that was never even offered. Electrical outlets difficult to negotiate, have to move heavy furniture just to access plugs to charge my devices. Hit or miss on the friendliness if the staff. Kudos to Mary to consistently having a smile. Tip---- ask for hair conditioner from the front desk if you need it. There will be NONE in your room. Ever.

Stayed October 2012
1 Thank DarcyInWI
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Dear DarcyInWi, I sincerely apologize for your less than perfect most recent experience. We have addressed all of your concerns with our staff and we pledge to make sure your next visit will exceed your expectations. We will never be anything but humbled and appreciative that you trust in us and we will make every effort to regain the confidence that we once had with you. Thank you very much for sharing your views and allowing us to re-address and resolve these issues for future guests that we hope will include you.
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Great time at this hotel! Room was very clean. I was staying for an event that I hosted. The conference center we used was so beautiful, and I had many great remarks from my attendees. The staff was very pleasant and friendly. Look forward to returning in the future! Thank you for such an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Chicago
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Decided to try Stoney Creek Inn because the Holiday Inn across the road was sold out. Nice change from the typical, boring hotel room. Stayed in a fireplace themed room (no whirlpool) and we were very happy with the room's size, furnishings and amenities. Cute Northwoods decor without it being too much. Great pool, hot tub and sauna. Pool area also had a fireplace and tv. Good complimentary breakfast selection. A step above a continental breakfast, with pastries/muffins, toaster waffles/french toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs and yogurt. Small bar area and gift shop selection off the lobby. Front desk staff and housekeeping very friendly and helpful. Got a great rate with our AAA membership. Will definitely stay here again, as we have family in the area and travel here once or twice a year. Great location, convenient to highway, grocery store, restaurants and even a movie theater.

Room Tip: Fireplace suites are located in the corners/end of the halls. Elevators are quick. Even though the h...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I've stayed at the Stoney Creek Inn several times, and have always had a pleasant experience. They have a good continental breakfast, nice pool, and nice rooms. Overall, a nice place to stay at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We attended a wedding reception at Stoney Creek. We found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and accomadating. The facilty has an "Up North" decor with woodsy accents and furnishings. The facility is very well kept. There is no restaurant or bar but a wide array of food and drink are available within a few blocks. Location is conveniently a block off I 39. Modestly priced. We recommend. Continental breakfast is below the average, offering only muffins, bagels, toast and beverages.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Given all the travel and lodging I do for business, I was most politely surprised and extremely pleased with a caring and accommodating staff coupled with a facility that you could just sense was kept clean. The room I stayed in had none of the icky issues that those of us who spend time away from home know about. Pristine clean bed sheets. More than adequate towels to shower at night after a long day's work, and more towels for the morning. Many places I've stayed have a disappointing, poorly performing, and very noisy cooling/heating unit. The unit in my room was quiet and did an exceptional job. The bathroom and sink area was very spacious. The carpet was clean. No hair, no dirt. Pillows and bed just as good as mine at home. I definitely would recommend this place to those who work and/or see a getaway! My experience keeps me coming back, this time for a weekend, and shortly thereafter for two solid weeks. - Al

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothschild
Grand Lodge Waterpark Resort
#2 of 11 in Wausau
Jefferson Street Inn
Jefferson Street Inn
#1 of 11 in Wausau

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau? Share your experiences!