I’ve been coming to this motel for two-plus years now, after having totally dispensed with another motel a little further up the road. Given that I frequent this location and stay at this motel for overnight to weeks at a time, I must say it simply is a great place to stay!
The staff is very accommodating; personalities are welcoming, and the facilities is conscientiously well-maintained. For the record, I am not part of their staff staged to make these commentaries.
I saw a previous review about some recalcitrant soccer mom with her (3) brats whining about the continental breakfast. Lady, take your brats to the Bob Evans. As a parent you are responsible for those kids—it is not the motel’s job to feed your kids—just because you feel “entitled” to go “grazing” for free. A continental breakfast is just that, not a seven course breakfast.
It’s the same kind of parent you see in food stores on Saturday mid-mornings, with not a thing in their shopping cart, but brats running wild, whose presence is solely driven under the auspices of a free meal. If you are offended by “brats running wild”, then take your stupid kids to a Chucky Cheese, or some other theme park where you kids can run unregulated as the new normal for society. Heaven forbid the rest of us call your kid screaming down the hall late night as a corrective measure, and subsequent courtesy to those of us sleeping, given the new age of political correctness with hyper-sensitivity as anything that may be logically is now view as offensive.
This is place is a fantastic Inn and under their purview they continue to do a magnificent job at a very competitive price. They even have a cute little beer bar for socializing, as well as a number of other spots where you can sit down, get comfy, and lose yourself.
As a business traveler I continue to frequent this location without any doubts—given the consistent service that is a hallmark of this particular Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center is a family and business friendly hotel located just outside of Wausau, WI in the cozy neighborhood of Rothschild. The hotel is located near the Granite Peak Ski Area and has a reputation as one of Wausau’s best hotels. The hotel offers everything that you need for a pleasant stay, including cozy rooms, free breakfast, and Internet access. Our hotel is a unique destination with a "Northwoods" themed decor that is suited for business and pleasure alike. Bring your family along to enjoy our indoor Wilderness Park swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Creek Inn Wausau Hotel Rothschild
- Stoney Creek Hotel Wausau