It was a very good hotel. It seem clean and the staff was very friendly. We had no real issues. It was quiet and comfortable.
Now I will nit-pick on why it can't get 5 stars in my book:
We got a good discounted rate but I think I would have felt oversold if I would have paid the regular asking price.
The shower needs updating. The showerhead was very weak.
The location is right by some sort of power plant; it takes away from the feel of the Wisconsin vacation.... but most of the hotels are bunched together here so you probably can't avoid that easily.
Breakfast was not very good. The eggs were inedible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center is a family and business friendly hotel located just outside of Wausau, WI in the cozy neighborhood of Rothschild. The hotel is located near the Granite Peak Ski Area and has a reputation as one of Wausau’s best hotels. The hotel offers everything that you need for a pleasant stay, including cozy rooms, free breakfast, and Internet access. Our hotel is a unique destination with a "Northwoods" themed decor that is suited for business and pleasure alike. Bring your family along to enjoy our indoor Wilderness Park swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Creek Inn Wausau Hotel Rothschild
- Stoney Creek Hotel Wausau