Best Western Plus Wausau-Rothschild Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 Rothschild(Rothschild)
Econo Lodge(Rothschild)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchengreat hotelseparate bedroomsized refrigeratorkitchen sinkburner stoveother hotels in the areanice kitchenetteexcellent experiencewafflesexcellent breakfastcomfortable bedfamily triprooms were very cleanfree breakfastpleasant surpriseking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Needed a place to stay for an early flight out of Central Wi airport. This was the best deal in town. This place does not disappoint! We entered and the front desk staff were friendly and handed us a key in no time. Our room had a king size bed, mini stove, full sized fridge, dishwasher, and sink. The bathroom is spacious with a new tub shower. And the place is amazingly clean! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank MrsMck07
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My dog and I stayed here while attending a dog show at the Patriot Center. Room was clean and stocked. Nice they had a designated dog walk area complete with plastic bags and waste receptacle. Upon our arrival, my dog received a special treat bag and there was a dog treat jar located in the lobby! Nice touch! (Just wish she could also get points towards her getting a free stay too!) Everything in the room worked and appreciated having enough outlets, including one at the desk for the computer. Comfy desk chair, too. I was delightfully surprised to find a pack of popcorn in the microwave when I opened it, another nice touch!
I was very impressed with the staff, they were all very pleasant. There was a young man working in the evenings that seemed to be a jack-of-all trades, he was not only pleasant but seemed to have a strong work ethic. This staff understood HOSPITALITY. I really felt welcome. Even though I didn't have any special needs or concerns, I think they would have been well handled if I did. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Very clean and comfortable Candlewood. Staff was very courteous and friendly. Location was far enough off the highway that noise was not an issue. I would not hesitate to stay here again for business or with family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Rebekka S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wausau-Rothschild Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us here at Candlewood Suites. We appreciate hearing your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Stayed here fall of 2012' neighborhood had a power outage, the staff ha d no idea what to do. One flashlight in hotel, told
To use out cellphone to find our way around, no lights in the staircases how nobody got hurt was very lucky. Had to be on south end of Wausau for work so decided to try it again ( power was on when I pulled in) rooms ok lady at desk could not tell me how to get the tv to work (a guest got it to work for me) they do have a free shuttle to the local airport which is nice as you can leave your vehicle at the hotel and avoid the airport parking fee.

Stayed: March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Wausau-Rothschild Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear MIFire,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the shuttle service.

However, We’re sorry about the power outage during your stay. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 February 2013

we were in town for some business, we generally stay at a different hotel but they decided not to honor the rate I have received there for the past 2 years so we stayed here. All I can do is thenk the Days for not honoring the rate, this hotel is far superior, much nicer in every way! When we return to Wausau area this is where we will be staying,

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business