“best front desk ever”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rothschild
La Porte, IN
“best front desk ever”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Had the best front desk experience ever. Very efficient check in. I called the front desk a little later asking for advice on Pizza deliveyr, she recommended a place across the street and she had a menu if I wanted to come to the front desk and get it. When I went down there to pick it up she had not only the menu but had printed off a list of all pizza places in town and high lighted the ones that delivered. Sometimes it is just those little things that can make a difference.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Hard to get to because of construction! But worth the effort!
Great room, great staff. Had refrigerator, 2 burner stove, micro, and a dishwasher. more than we needed for our 1night stay. BUT the only motel I've ever stayed in with NO ice machine ! Everything else is very good

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Needed a place to stay for an early flight out of Central Wi airport. This was the best deal in town. This place does not disappoint! We entered and the front desk staff were friendly and handed us a key in no time. Our room had a king size bed, mini stove, full sized fridge, dishwasher, and sink. The bathroom is spacious with a new tub shower. And the place is amazingly clean! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MrsMck07
WAUWATOSA
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My dog and I stayed here while attending a dog show at the Patriot Center. Room was clean and stocked. Nice they had a designated dog walk area complete with plastic bags and waste receptacle. Upon our arrival, my dog received a special treat bag and there was a dog treat jar located in the lobby! Nice touch! (Just wish she could also get points towards her getting a free stay too!) Everything in the room worked and appreciated having enough outlets, including one at the desk for the computer. Comfy desk chair, too. I was delightfully surprised to find a pack of popcorn in the microwave when I opened it, another nice touch!
I was very impressed with the staff, they were all very pleasant. There was a young man working in the evenings that seemed to be a jack-of-all trades, he was not only pleasant but seemed to have a strong work ethic. This staff understood HOSPITALITY. I really felt welcome. Even though I didn't have any special needs or concerns, I think they would have been well handled if I did. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Iowa
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Very clean and comfortable Candlewood. Staff was very courteous and friendly. Location was far enough off the highway that noise was not an issue. I would not hesitate to stay here again for business or with family.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Rebekka S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wausau-Rothschild Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us here at Candlewood Suites. We appreciate hearing your comments and we hope to see you again soon!
Eagle River, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here fall of 2012' neighborhood had a power outage, the staff ha d no idea what to do. One flashlight in hotel, told
To use out cellphone to find our way around, no lights in the staircases how nobody got hurt was very lucky. Had to be on south end of Wausau for work so decided to try it again ( power was on when I pulled in) rooms ok lady at desk could not tell me how to get the tv to work (a guest got it to work for me) they do have a free shuttle to the local airport which is nice as you can leave your vehicle at the hotel and avoid the airport parking fee.

Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Wausau-Rothschild Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear MIFire,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the shuttle service.

However, We’re sorry about the power outage during your stay. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Slinger, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 February 2013

we were in town for some business, we generally stay at a different hotel but they decided not to honor the rate I have received there for the past 2 years so we stayed here. All I can do is thenk the Days for not honoring the rate, this hotel is far superior, much nicer in every way! When we return to Wausau area this is where we will be staying,

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothschild
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau
Grand Lodge Waterpark Resort
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild
Days Inn & Suites Wausau
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#5 of 6 in Rothschild
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wausau

Been to Best Western Plus Wausau-Rothschild Hotel? Share your experiences!