“Delicious flavors at reasonable prices!”
Review of Polonez

Polonez
Reserve with OpenTable
Polonez is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Delicious flavors at reasonable prices!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

This restaurant satisfies that craving for something that tastes like homemade European without spending a lot of money like a downtown restaurant! The prices are reasonable for the well developed flavors and large portions. The menu offerings are varied and most mains include soup or salad with choice of veggie and potato that includes potato dumplings or perhaps potato pancakes! The cabbage rolls and potato dumplings were delicious with the dumplings being perfect and not a gummy mess! Service was excellent! Next time I'd be tempted to try one of their unique flights of polish vodka!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank CzechMate2010

• Polish first
Brookfield, WI
“Wonderful and Authentic Polish Food!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had a wonderful lunch over my work break! I ordered the cabbage roll and potato pancakes - they were just fantastic! (I am half Polish and it all reminded me of the meals at my Polish relatives in Chicago as well as the rolls my Dad still makes.) The lunch meal also came with a side - I ordered sauerkraut. It came with a choice of salad or soup - and a bread basket. I cannot wait to go back to try more entrees AND for the Sunday brunch that includes accordion music! You can't beat that! Plenty of parking and in a beautiful neighborhood! Very clean restaurant and lovely people. Fabulous time!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank JudyWild
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“I was not excited about the meal”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I wanted to have a Polish meal when in Milwaukee but I think it was my mistake not to order a true Polish meal when I went for lunch. I ordered weinerschnitzel, mashed potatoes, red cabbage and a pierogi. Also a cup of dill pickle soup. I had never heard of dill pickle soup and I love dill, so I just had to try it. It was different and quite good. The weinerschnitzel was made with veal which is how it should be, but so many restaurants only make it with pork. It
was also quite good. Mashed potatoes, pierogi and red cabbage not the best I have had.d

Visited August 2014
Charlottesville
“pretty good polish food buffet”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I came here with a friend for their buffet dinner. I thought it was good but not great. They have a great selection of different items, which I loved - all my favorites that my grandmother used to make! But I also got the feeling that it might have been a little better if we had just ordered off the menu - the potato pancakes might have been a little crisper, for example. But overall I was pleased with my meal, and it was a good value. Plus everyone who worked there was awesome - very friendly!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Yankeebaseball
“Good Polish food”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

First the pluses - Polonez has really good Polish food. It's family owned, and it the care the owners put into it shows. It stays close to the traditional Polish recipes, without always being slavish to them. The Saturday night buffet is quite good with a fairly large selection of Polish dishes (and some less Polish ones). The food is kept fresh, and it's a good way to try new things (although frankly they don't vary all that much from time to time - maybe at least vary the types of perogies??). We've been there ordering off of the menu, and that's been tasty too, and even fresher. And, it's a good value either way.

A couple of negatives, one of which is a personal quirk of ours. The service can be a bit spotty, especially during the Saturday buffets. While obviously one serves oneself, getting a waiter's attention to get started, get the bill, etc. can take a while, especially if there are larger groups there. And, we've never figured out how the tables are organized among the waiters. And, our quirk. There's always live polka music on Saturdays. Some folks like it; we don't. Just be aware. Frankly, we like the food well enough to go in spite of the "atmosphere" so don't let that stop you, and obviously that's an attraction for others.

• Visited June 2014