“A great affordable getaway in the north woods!”
Review of Cedaroma Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Germain
Cedaroma Lodge
Reviewed 3 December 2012

The minute you pull in you feel like youre home. The cabins are clean beyond belief...the grounds are well kept and the staff are very friendly. Too cold to swim when we went but enjoyed fishing from the dock. Next time we're staying a week and bringing our bikes.

• Stayed: May 2012
There are newer reviews for Cedaroma Lodge

Reviewed 22 August 2011

It was our first time at Cedaroma Lodge. Our cabin, on the lake, had ample bedrooms, with a sleeper sofa in the living room, and a sofa on the front porch. The kitchen was well equipped, and a Weber grill was available for our use. We ordered towels with the cabin: they were pristine white. After an overnight rain, the staff promptly vacuumed rain water from the boats and raked the beach. Great spot. One area for possible improvement: Game room needs a bathroom.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Coffeecup1390
Reviewed 4 October 2010

When you arrive for check in, the staff is ready for you and can answer any questions you may have not only about the lodge, but also about events or places to visit in the area. First class personnel that greet you with a smile and make you feel warm and welcome. The North Woods experience you are looking for can be started right here with the lodging and the people who work here. From that point on it all falls into place with the scenery that surrounds you and even the smells of the the beautiful area that is the essence of what is known as 'God's Country". Cedaroma Lodge is a great place to stay to experience all of that. Rustic and well maintained with modern day ammenities makes Cedaroma Lodge a wonderful choice for a throwback experience with comfort and leisure.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Cedaroma is a series of cabins located on Little Lake St. Germain in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. This was our second time there, staying for a week. The two bedroom cabin was the perfect size for our family of four. Everything was very clean upon check in and I liked that all types of cleaning supplies were provided (there is an optional cleaning service for an extra charge which we didn't use). Also provided are life jackets, a paddle boat, row boats, and kayaks. The kids loved taking a boat out anytime they wanted (and I loved taking out the paddleboat and just laying there with a book, letting the boat drift...really clears the mind).
Several marine rentals are available as well and we rented a pontoon for an afternoon -- great fun, and the marine staff were extremely helpful in describing to us city folk how to operate it.
We also fished this year and caught enough blue gill from our own dock to make a meal one evening, and thus took advantage of the fish cleaning shed right on the premises. There is also a playground, basketball hoop, and volleyball net. Definitely enough to keep you busy! The town of St. Germain has several restaurants, and there are places with mini golf, go karts, horseback riding, etc. but it is not super touristy.
Our cabin was located right on the water and there are several piers, also a small sand beach. Each cabin has a charcoal grill and outdoor seating. Nothing like gazing up at the stars at night -- although bring plenty of mosquito repellent. Staff at Cedaroma are very friendly and accommodating. We'll return next year!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2009

My family and I stayed at Cedaroma Lodge for a few days this summer. It was my first time back to the North Woods since I was a child. I wanted my children to have a cabin experience as I had when I was young.

The positive -- the staff was amazing. It's actually run by Black Bear Lodge, but their staff are always available by phone and are close by. Every question I had before I came was answered quickly and accurately. The can-do attitude of everyone on the staff is a rarety these days -- I have traveled to 40+ countries, so I know whereof I speak. They helped me with everything from getting my car-top carrier closed to coming over to check out a suspicious vehicle that had been in idling outside our cabin. Way above and beyond. The grounds of both Black Bear and Cedaroma were lovely, although I preferred Black Bear -- just a personal preference. The lake was clean and clear. The cabins were spotless. We couldn't stay a week, but they were flexible with their dates -- unlike many resorts in the area. Really, they bent over backwards to meet our every need.

The downside -- we stayed in Cedaroma cabin #8, and although the Web site lets you know that it is not on the lake and closer to the Cedaroma entrance, what it does not say is that it is on the main road. It felt a little more like a roadside hotel than a lake cabin. That said, it was well insulated, and we could not hear the traffic with the windows closed. The cabin was not air conditioned, and therefore the second floor was like a furnace when it was hot out, although there were many floor fans available. There is no "office" at Cedaroma -- you have to drive to or call Black Bear Lodge. Not a huge deal, as they were very responsive.

Thank you to the staff for your extraordinary service. Would we return? Yes, but I'd like to stay at the Black Bear Lodge next time!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Best Western Plus Concord Inn
Rustic Manor Motor Lodge
Rustic Manor Motor Lodge
#3 of 4 in Saint Germain

Been to Cedaroma Lodge? Share your experiences!