“best food in the northwoods”

McGregor's Blink Bonnie Supper Club
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Peoria, Illinois
“best food in the northwoods”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

the setting is pretty simple,clean,not fancy. The food is second to none.The salad was fantastic.The waitress has served us for several years. We had pork chops,they were the best I have ever had,the price was very fair. 2 pork chops,potatoe,salad and a roll for 12.?? what a great deal.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank jim w

New Richmond wi
“Great food, service and cool restaurant”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were in Minocquia for a conference and our watermark hotel had poor food options, but have no fear, you guys solved all our hunger pains and would come back for more. Very accommodating, but get there early as they don't take reservations. Our group had the steak, fish and salad and it was all great. A bit of a drive from town, but worth it and on the snowmobile trail.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Jackie K
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

The first thing you notice is the nauseating smell when you first walk in. (Due to the fact that the beef is fried, not charbroiled like a good steak should be!) The alcohol drinks are very good. I would give their salad a grade of "C", it's just average, nothing special. Just some iceberg lettuce and some sesame things mixed in. The rolls are not fresh, actually they seem to be old, cold and tough, they get a "D". The tenderloin is a good cut of meat, but not much flavor, but what do you expect from fried steak? We ordered the hash browns, they were very good. Overall, I would say the restaurant is just average, not worth the wait or money! We probably won't go back. On the plus side, the employees were very nice. (This was our second visit, we thought we'd give them another chance).

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Lynn H
Appleton WI
“Man, I HATE to give this one away !!!!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This place, I and my wife always hoped would remain a local and "our" little secret. But, obviously, that little secret has leaked out. This IS the epitome of the small, little locally owned Northwoods "hole-in-the-wall" place. Yes, it IS a very small place with a small and limited space both in the bar area and in in its dining area. There is glass window behind the bar that is lit to view the abundant wildlife (although the WI DNR has limited feeding them), but the animals still come. BUT, I will challenge anyone, who is looking for something more interesting (the animal and fish mounts, a Log Cabin feel) who is looking for just THIS kind of feel and FANTASTIC steaks. Even before you are able to find your way to a seat at the bar, the waitresses come out of the kitchen with their customers' steaks on SIZZILING old-fashioned metal plates. They pass by you and the aroma literally just carries you away !! You find yourself lifting your nose to follow it !! Then, when you do get your meal, Heavenly!! The cocktails are great, priced right (you don't get robbed) and you will meet the friendliest people. If you happen to go on a Saturday, definitely get there around 4-4:30 PM because the place IS that good and, if you get there later, you will have to wait. As I said, it IS a small place. But, IF I could eat there on any given night, I'd BE THERE!!!

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank Stephen S
Dubuque, Iowa
“Highly anticipated - Very over rated”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

OK, the food was very good. However, is it worth a two hour wait on weekends? Is it worth $25 - 35? The wait staff were very good, except for the bar tender who seems to have a little bit of the "soup guy" attitude. I experienced the experience, will I go back??? NO.

• Visited October 2013