We've stayed at Black Bear Lodge for 10 years and will not be returning again. We normally stay in a lodge home and altho very nice, the prices at this resort have gotten way out of hand. Every year there are huge increases and as of this year they have changed dates of quiet and low season to be almost non-existenet. We've tried to get a response from the owners (who we've come to know over the years) and they just aren't interested. They've let a number of there long-time employees go, only to have office staff that acts as if they don't care and are doing you a favor by assisting you. I find this outrageous after being very loyal guests over the years and also referring many people to them. It's not that the resort property isn't kept up or nice, but when going to such an upscale and very expensive resort, the staff should be pleasant and try to be at least courteous. Also, their cheapness re towels and toliet paper (you have to pay extra or bring your own) is just petty. If your looking for just a nice place, this will do, but if your also looking for a pleasant experience from the resort staff and owners, this is not the place for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family resort and restaurant overlooks Little St. Germain Lake and offers cottages and lodge homes year 'round. Abundant peace and quiet, sports and activities, amenities too numerous to mention, and the best guest service staff in the business. Golf and fishing packages, family reunions, weddings, business retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Black Bear Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Bear Hotel Saint Germain
- Black Bear Resort
- Black Bear Lodge Saint Germain, Wisconsin