We have stayed at Black Bear Lodge for several years and will not return after this year's visit. The restaurant has been closed and all the long time staff who made the stay so pleasant have been terminated. Our unit reeked of cigarette smoke and there were cigarette butts all over the patio, which tells me the standards have been lowered ( the office sent us Febreeze also). The lodge homes have gotten to be in desperate need of new mattresses to replace the old, lumpy ones, along with new carpeting and furniture. You pay a premium price to stay here and it seems that no one cares anymore now that the old staff is gone. I agree with the other review regarding the lack of toilet paper and paper towels, how cheap is that ? It's a shame to see a once lovely resort being neglected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family resort and restaurant overlooks Little St. Germain Lake and offers cottages and lodge homes year 'round. Abundant peace and quiet, sports and activities, amenities too numerous to mention, and the best guest service staff in the business. Golf and fishing packages, family reunions, weddings, business retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Black Bear Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Bear Hotel Saint Germain
- Black Bear Resort
- Black Bear Lodge Saint Germain, Wisconsin