The Lucerne Inn
US$74
US$130
US$89
US$151
All reviewsgas fireplaceheated towel rackbar harborbrunch on sundayloxdessert tablegreat countryromance packagenew ownerstourist seasonwhirlpool tubchain hotelovernight staybaked stuffed haddockacadia national parkfront desk personstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The room was very cozy. James was very polite and helpful. The food was delicious (I had the Lobster Mac n Cheese.) and the drinks were great! The view from the room I stayed in was absolutely amazing! Can't wait to come back again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We arrived at The Lucerne Inn to find a supposedly handicapped-accessible room that had the grab bars by the tub where they belonged, and a shower chair right next to the tub so my husband could put it in right after his own shower -- and a bathroom basin that was high, making me feel like a four-year-old while using it, and deep, causing my knees to smash into it when my husband gave me a push over the threshhold. The entrance to the bathroom was very challenging in a wheelchair.
Other than that, the view was delightful, and their idea of a free continental breakfast was wonderful -- there were scrambled eggs along with the pastries, fruit salad, and coffee, decaf, or tea.
The gas fireplace was nice. The staff was very pleasant. One oddity is that the rooms are accessed through the dining room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
thelucerne, Owner at The Lucerne Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for your stay with us. One of the challenges of a 200 year old building is the layout for guest flow but at the same time i believe that it is also enhances the beauty and character. We hope that you had a great time in Maine.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed for two nights, having traveled to the area for our daughter's wedding a few miles away. I thought the room was alright - beautiful views. The bathroom was terrible. Broken tile on the floor, grout missing, paint rubbed off on the vanity so it looked dirty. Even the non-slip tread on the tub were dirty and peeling. Almost no hot water and the shower had poor water pressure.

Additionally, it would seem that with a two night stay we might have had the room cleaned once? Maybe we are past the age when we could get fresh towels daily, but no bed-making or trash pickup for $165 a night? But a nice envelope to remind us to tip the maid. We would have if we'd seen a sign of her!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your stay with us but I do wish that we had done a better job for you. I have discussed this in great detail with our head of housekeeping and have been assured that they will initiate a new system so as not to miss our stay over guests. I have also requested our maintenance department to inspect all non slip treads in the bathrooms. The price of $165 must have included food and beverage as I believe that you paid $79 per night. We do try very hard to make everyone's stay as comfortable as possible.Thank you

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Lucerne Inn over the Thanksgiving holiday. Although we visit the Bangor area occasionally and have enjoyed dinner there several times, we had never had the opportunity to stay there. We stayed in Suite C and were very happy with the accomodations. The main room was large and contained a king sized bed, couch, chair, fireplace, desk, and flat screen TV. The gas fireplace had a timer on it so you could set it to run for a certain time and it would automatically shut off.

The dressing room adjacent to the bathroom also included a Keurig brewer and kcups, which we thought was a nice bonus. The bathroom even contained a towel warmer, something we haven't seen in any other Inns. A large picture window overlooked the grounds and a lake below. It even snowed a little that day, so the view was really nice.

We enjoyed dinner in the dining room the night before Thanksgiving. Our server, Caroline, was very friendly and made us feel right at home by the fireplace. For appetizers, I had the baked stuffed mushrooms which were absolutely delicious. My husband enjoyed scallops wrapped in bacon. There was some type of delicous glaze on the scallops that made them taste out of this world! I had baked stuffed haddock (yummy) and my husband had the "Lucerne delight", a filet mignon with lobster tail. He raved about the dinner for days! The next day we had Thanksgiving dinner in the dining room, enjoying the many tasty offerings from the buffet.

We plan to visit Bangor again next spring and are looking forward to staying in Suite C once again!

Room Tip: Suite C has a king sized bed, fireplace, and a great view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us, i means a lot to us that you really enjoyed your time here.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Just finished staying 6 nights here. We had a fantastic time. It was off season so the rate was great and the inn uncrowded and quiet. We had a room in the inn itself. The room had a great view of the lake and the mountains. The beds were super comfortable, towels extra thick, all this and a gas fireplace. Only drawback was that there was limited cable channels. But it did not have any impact on the quality of our stay. We plan to be back sometime during the winter months.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple