“Very clean!!!”

Cedarberry Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sauk City
“Very clean!!!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because we were going to Wolersheim Winery! Very clean room as well as hotel!!! Impressed! Will definitely be staying here again! Ordered the wine and cheese package! It was amazing!! Front desk was super nice and accommodating!

• Stayed June 2014
KMyers_15, Owner at Cedarberry Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Gidget96, Thanks for the kind words! Glad you enjoyed your 'Wine Package' and found it affordable at just $43! See you again, soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
North Central Illinois
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Cedarberry Inn this past week-end. What a pleasant experience. We had a King room on the first floor that was just wonderful. We enjoyed every person that we met this week-end was courteous and made us feel like they were really happy we were staying with them. The room was clean, comfortable and perfect for relaxing (with the recliner in the room) after a long day on the motorcycle. We are looking forward to a return trip later this summer and will definitely stay again. The hotel is very clean....the person who wrote the review about the ice bucket, should have let the staff know.....they would have taken care of it immediately. Great job management and staff....until next time!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
KMyers_15, Owner at Cedarberry Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Socrmom01, I'm happy to hear that you and your husband had a grand stay with us while exploring the Sauk Prairie Riverway! We see a lot of riders that enjoy touring the Bluffs/Lakes/River! We'll look forward to seeing you and your party, later this Summer! Thanks again for taking time to send such kind words!
Storm Lake, Iowa
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stay here frequently when visiting family in the area. The last time we stayed, we noticed that the ice bucket was not clean. This time, there was something sticky all over the area where the tv sits, like it was pop or some sweet drink. We stayed 2 nights, and left it the first morning, to see if it was cleaned up when we came back, but it was not. It makes us wonder about the cleanliness of the rest of our room.
The breakfast was fair. The pool area very nice, and it was obvious that families were totally enjoying that.
We will probably stay there again, as don't want to drive too the Dells or Madison, with the distance. But then again...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
KMyers_15, Owner at Cedarberry Inn, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
pkf69 - Please accept my apology for a messy credenza. It's not like our staff to miss a spot, especially two days in a row! I'm glad you're open to giving us another chance!
Poplar Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stay at the Cedarberry sometimes when we visit relatives in Sauk City and the main reason is to use the pool. We are always happy with our experience every time. The pool is warm, they have a balcony over the pool where you can eat (we like to order pizza), and it's fun for my kids. The hotel is clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the place is well maintained. There is fresh coffee (decaf, too!) near the lobby and the continental breakfast is your basic continental breakfast. The only complaint I would really make is the beds are uncomfortable. This could be because we have a king-sized bed at home and so we feel squeezed in a queen, so I can't really blame the hotel for that. It's just nice to know what our experience will be. Staying in chain hotels is a hit-or-miss experience. One of my relatives has a pass to the pool, and after he said hi to someone in passing, noted that it was the owner of the hotel. It sort of struck me that the owner must care about his property and reputation is he is on the property enough for a pool guest to know who he is.

Room Tip: If you are going to use the pool frequently (it was our main reason for being there), it's helpf...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
KMyers_15, Owner at Cedarberry Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dee29290 - It was good to see you again and we're happy to hear that you and your family enjoy the warm pool! For future reference, we do have King beds, if you'd prefer. We'll look forward to the next time you visit your folks!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and I hooked up with a friend to have some fun in Madison as well as do some eagle watching in Sauk City. I was worried as we pulled up to this hotel, as it looked like a drab apartment building. Inside we found a very clean and well maintained hotel. It was clear that management took pride in keeping all areas clean. Rooms were the standard hotel room; bed(s), dresser, table with chairs, sink out in the common area, with toilet and shower in its own room. Rooms have a Mr Coffee, but there is coffee available all day near the lobby that is restaurant quality. For those that like to swim the pool is large and is the most perfect temperature I've been in. Hot tub and pool have lifts for disabled. Pool table, air hockey, and arcade machines are also in pool area. The continental breakfast was the only weak area. Simple bakery items, some fruit, yogurt, and hot gravy on biscuits. For quick on the go, its perfect. Otherwise go to Leystra's for breakfast. Cedarberry Inn is between Baraboo and Madison and did cost more than some nice hotels in either of those places. But I would come back here again, as it avoided the large crowds that you encounter from sporting events and tourism in those other areas. For a weekend this hotel was quiet and the pool area never had more than 6 people in it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
KMyers_15, Owner at Cedarberry Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Rick B.- We think we are a good choice, too! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Sauk Prairie's Cedarberry Inn! We hope to see you again, the next time you're in the Madison area!
wisconsin
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The staff is always friendly, the indoor pool is always kept the warmest in the Dells area, and they have the best free breakfast around(yummy biscuits and gravy). Nice inexpensive selection of adult beverages for the parents to have at pool side or hot tub and great pizza too. Clean rooms and always lots of fresh coffee! 2 coffee stations at breakfast time. During the holiday season, the kids love the Santa hat on the giant shark mounted above the arcade games in the pool room.
Neat and cozy Hotel...Love it!
B.M.W. Elkhorn, Wi

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
KMyers_15, Owner at Cedarberry Inn, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
lee7800 - Thank you for taking time to post your Cedarberry Inn experiences and for the kind words! I'm happy to hear that you have taken advantage of some of the amenities we offer! It's our hope that your Kids bring their families here in the future! Hope to see you again soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My husband and I stay at Cedarberry Inn once a year, and having just returned from our annual trip there, it occurred to me that I had never done a TripAdvisor review. We've stayed in hotels all over, in huge cities like New York, medium sized cities like Madison, WI, and numerous small towns like Sauk City. I honestly think the Cedarberry Inn is the cleanest hotel we've ever stayed at anywhere. Everything is always spotless--the front desk, the hallways, the pool area, and the rooms. The place is bright and cheerful, and the staff friendly and helpful. We always get a king room, which is spacious and includes a comfy recliner and a microwave and mini fridge (having a mic and a fridge in hotel rooms is very high on my list of great things). This year we got the added surprise of a new flat screen TV in our room! There is also free and fast wi-fi in the rooms. They provide an "expanded" continental breakfast, which generally includes one hot item, plus hard boiled eggs, breads, pastries, cereal, fruit, yogurt, and beverages. It's great for us because my husband usually just wants juice and maybe some fruit in the morning, but I like to have a little bit more substantial breakfast. I can get my fill of good, healthy food and still not take up a lot of time in the morning waiting for someone to cook me breakfast to order. There is also a coffee/tea/cocoa station in the hallway that is stocked 24 hours a day (or at least is always stocked when we see it...I haven't tried going down at 3 a.m. to see). We have never had a bad stay at the Cedarberry Inn, and I would highly recommend it to anybody who wants to stay in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BJonesWI
KMyers_15, Owner at Cedarberry Inn, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
BJonesWI - Thank you for the great compliments! I will pass your comments on to our Front Desk and Houskeeping staff. They deserve all the credit for making your stay wonderful! This is the kind of team work that an owner can be proud of!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sauk City
Devils Head Resort
Devils Head Resort
#1 of 1 in Merrimac
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center

Been to Cedarberry Inn? Share your experiences!