“Ravioli's ...Best Italian Restaurant in Wausau”
Review of Ravioli's - CLOSED

Ravioli's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is my second review of Ravioli's since they have opened in Schofield. I have been a loyal fan ever since my first visit. This family run restaurant gives what I want in a trattoria...good food at good prices. It is so refreshing to eat authentic Italian dishes. Nothing fancy, but good Italian comfort food. I usually order the calamari as an appetizer. Fried lightly until tender every time.
You can not go wrong with any of the pasta dishes, but their veal is very good. As for dessert, try the cannoli. This is the closest you are going to get to Mulberry Street.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Let me start out by saying that I am a picky person and have high standards for wait staff. My husband and I went to Ravioli for the first time and were excited by all the positive reviews. We entered the restaurant at 5:00 and were seated immediately. We were the fifth table there.
Our waiter took quite a while to come to our table to greet us and take our drink orders. We weren’t told the specials. We ordered the calamari as an appetizer. My husband ordered the chicken fettuccine alfredo and I ordered the spinach salad and cheese tortellini soup. Our fried calamari and marinara sauce took about 15 minutes. We spent $35 for an appetizer, two dinner entrees and water.

Food:
The calamari was excellent and the marinara sauce had good flavor. My spinach salad had nuts, raisins, cucumbers and tomatoes and was served with a really yummy balsamic vinaigrette. It was excellent. The soup was also very good – a nice broth with a hearty amount of tortellini. My husband’s fettuccine alfredo, however, was not good. He said it was bland and the sauce and chicken didn’t have any flavor. I tried it – he was right. The sauce tasted thick and floury. He was very disappointed and said that we should have gone to the Olive Garden.

Service:
We think our waiter must be the owner’s son. He really wasn’t a very good waiter and didn’t seem to really care about being there. It actually got to the point where we started counting the number of times we went to the other table (a party of 8) before coming back to us. (the answer is five). We were both out of water and were clearly done with our meal but he kept walking past. He never asked us how our meal was after he brought it. The hostess finally came and asked us if we were done. It still took a while before the bill came and then no one came back to take our money. I just really felt like no one cared about us being there. I asked the hostess if they tortellini in my soup was homemade (because they were very good) and she didn’t know.

Overall:
The décor is lovely and I like what they’ve done with the place. My husband and I will probably go back to try other things on their menu but we definitely aren’t in a hurry. Maybe our expectations were just to high with having an “authentic Italian restaurant” in town. We thought we found “the place” that will be our staple date night place, but we’ll have to keep looking.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The folks at Ravioli's are very friendly and helpful. The food is EXCELLENT. Everything is made there, including the pasta. This has become our favorite restaurant in the Wausau area.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have been here 3 times in the past 8 months and each time the food was excellent. WOnderful flavors...and the price is not that pricey for the quality. Service was fine also.

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We don't lack for good Italian restaurants in Wausau, but here's another and it's excellent. Very knowledgable staff and outstanding menu. Best vodka penne we've had.