“Football Trip”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Shawano
Lakeville
“Football Trip”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The rooms were exceptionally clean and in good condition. Staff was very helpful and polite. Easy to get to and lobby area clean. Breakfast was good and clean area. Plenty of parking area for cars, truck and or trailer. Real nice view looking out west rooms at different animals (camel, goats, donkeys, and etc.) in fenced in area. Shopping stores (walmart and more) and restaurants close by motel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Kevin S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hote

This hotel is your basic hotel. It was an ok place to stay if you were traveling to Shawano. The rooms are ok not as clean as it should be but decent. I felt the need to get Febreze in order to stay at this hotel. It's in DIRE need of a renovation. The pool area is the nicest part of the hotel. The hotel staff is ok.
QUICK STORY ABOUT THE STAFF....
My husband was working in Shawano for a couple of days so I traveled from Madison to surprise him. I get to the front desk to ask for his room number and the front desk agent asked ...... and I am not kidding..... You aren't going to to start no drama, are you?
I laugh about it now but I was pretty pissed that he said that to me.

Overall this was a sub par hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CulinaryQueen87

Travellers are raving about these Shawano hotels

Milwaukee
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a very clean friendly place to stay. Nice pool and great breakfast. If you are traveling with kids you will be extra happy to save so much money. I would definately recommend this hotel. A nice getaway spot!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Marla H
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Snowmobiled here February 3, 2014. Not right off the snowmobile trail. Had to get off trail and cross main road. Price for 3 adults in double room in ball park with others. Sub $100. Slight disappointment with the hot tub. Thought it could've used more jets. But all in all pool area nice. Rooms/beds comfortable and quiet. Breakfast offered and choices very good. Take into consideration room and breakfast, nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Waukesha
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Nice little hotel in Shawano. Pool was fun for the kids. We were in Shawano for a hockey tournament and the kids on the team and the parents loved the Americinn. The guy at the front desk was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have stayed at different AmericInns several times. This particular hotel was clean, the front desk staff was friendly. Our room was clean, smelled good, beds were comfy. BUT the bedspreads had holes in them and the tub was a little dingy. Our biggest complaint was with the free wifi. It was extremely SLOW! At one point I turned it off and just used my cellular data instead. The continental breakfast was pretty similar to what we have had at other AmericInns. There was a waffle station, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc... Plenty of food and nothing ran out. The hotel was pretty full too. The pool area was small but clean. There was a large potted plant that dropped a lot of leaves that cluttered the floor in one area. The pool water temp was COLD. After only a few minutes of swimming my kids were shivering! Overall this was a good place to stay. Just a few things they could improve upon to make it better.

Room Tip: We stayed in a second floor room that was just down the stairs from the pool. Great for us as we ha...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Kewaskum, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I like staying at AmericInn hotels. Most of the time they're great. This one, however, fell short. After a long drive, what's typically the first thing you do when you get to your room? Use the bathroom! We walk in, and there isn't one single square of toilet paper. Not an empty roll or even a spare roll to be found. The Kleenex box on the counter was empty too. I called the front desk and he ran some of both up to me quickly, but still.....what hotel forgets toilet paper?!? There was a brown stain on one of the hand towels too, but there were enough there that we didn't have to call for more. Anyway, that brings me to the front desk guy. Friendly, yes, but he talked like he had a mouthful of marbles. I booked my room online so I didn't have to deal with anyone on the phone, but while I was checking in, (which I had to wait a while because the only person there was UPSTAIRS and didn't even know I had walked in. In this day and age, that is terrible security!) he had to answer the phone. I could barely understand what he was saying and I was standing right in front of him. I couldn't imagine trying to book with him over the phone. I couldn't understand him AT ALL when I called him for toilet paper. Lastly, we had to wait almost 25 min for the hot breakfast to be filled. If they know they have a full hotel, why aren't they better prepared? When it was ready, it wasn't that good. I've definitely had better continental breakfasts. The room was clean and the pool was nice, but would I stay here again? Sure, if nothing else was available.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawano
Shawano Four Seasons Resort
Konkapot Lodge
#2 of 2 in Bowler
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Pulaski

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shawano? Share your experiences!