“Decent place to eat”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Wisconsin
“Decent place to eat”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We ate here today during a break of our daughters softball tournament. The parking lot is horrible as it is shared with county market and was quite busy. Once inside we decided to sit outside on the patio so the entire team could eat together. Very nice and relaxing area that had fresh air but was cool due to the fabric overhang.

My husband ordered the baked mostacolli and said it was ok, not much different than fazolis. The kids and I shared a pepperoni pizza and thought it was quite good. Prices are a little steep. For a pizza, 1 meal, and drinks it was $35. Plus my husband thought the meal was undersized for the cost of almost $10.

Service wasn't so great. It seemed like we were an inconvience. Would probably try a new place next time but would go again if needed.

• Visited July 2013

Colorado
“Rude and inappropriate behavior by hostess”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We came in with a party of eight after a very long day starting with my sister's funeral. We were told that it would be a 30 minute wait. After 45 min I asked the hostess what was going on and she said that a table was taking too long and I checked and they were no way ready to leave. My brother pointed out that there was a large table empty for the whole time we were waiting. I asked the hostess and she said that it was a reservation for an hour from when we came in and she couldn't give it to us because we could not be rushed. I told her we either should get that table or we were leaving as we were tired and hungry. She came back and said the table would not be available so we left. My questions are: why did she not come to us after 30 min., why couldn't the table she was holding go to the new party and not us, why not offer us apps and/or drinks at the bar while we were waiting or offer to make it right someway. She left a very dissatisfied group of people who will not go there again even though my mother lives there. Short-sighted.

• Visited April 2013
Shawano, Wisconsin
“Best Italian Food in the area”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We order out food from this restaurant almost weekly. It is always fresh and wonderful. My favorite is Linguini Alla Luigi and the pizza is fantastic. Great place for dates, friends and family.

• Visited June 2013
Rio de Janeiro
“Surprisingly good salad”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Luigi's has a fun atmosphere in the bar area and a family feel in the dining room. I fully agree with a previous comment, Chad is an excellent bartender and can even make a Wednesday night in Shawano entertaining.
I have had a few pizzas there (vegetarian and sausage and mushroom) and they are fine. However, the house salad with chicken is surprisingly good. It has baby greens (not just iceberg lettuce, which seems to pass for salad in most restaurants), olives, mozzarella cheese balls and tomatoes and chicken made on the grill.
The balsamic dressing is also excellent.
Prices are reasonable and the Wisconsin brewery beer selection is decent as well.
It's especially nice in the summer when the open air dining in the back is working.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Riomaravilha
“Chad”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Chad is the best bartender in the area. Ask for a side order of chippers while you look at the menu. They're handmade chips with a delicious dip. The hand tossed pizza crust is delicious but I also like the pastas. I ask for neopolitan sauce - half marinara, half alfredo. Yum!

Visited October 2012

Been to Luigi's Pizza & Pasta? Share your experiences!