“Nice New place”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Shawano
St Paul, MN
“Nice New place”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Spent a Saturday nite here, the room, hallway and lobby were very clean,
Only complain was being able to hear a room door slam shut a couple times.
The breakfast area was nice, scrambled eggs and ham, waffles, juice, milk, coffee,
There a person working the breakfast area keeping the tables clean and making sure there
was enough fresh food,
There's a Pizza place with a full bar across the parking lot.. that unfortunately, I didnt get a chance to visit..
If I find myself back in Shawano WI and need a room, I will be going here again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Grafton, WI
Reviewed 29 March 2011

We stayed at this Comfort Inn last weekend and it was a nice experience. We got free drink coupons for Amico's next door when we checked in. Out whirlpool room was clean, and looked pretty new. The hot tub and pool were nice. The continenta lbreakfast was adequate and exactly what I expected for this hotel. Overall, I would recommend this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Westville, Illinois
Reviewed 4 February 2010

The guy working the front desk at check in was very helpful. The room was clean and well maintained.

Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Tulsa OK
Reviewed 29 September 2008

The 10 days we were to stay at this motel, they were fully booked. We had a conformation number which indicated we were to have 2 queen sized beds. (The only unfortunate part was I wanted a smoking room & none were available.)

On arrival we checked into the hotel, did the paperwork, gave them my credit card & even before leaving the front desk, the clerk said "ok, non-smoking room (which I would abide by) one king sized bed, on the 2nd floor... This is where the problem starts... No, this is to be Two Queen beds. (sorry, I love my son, but I am not sharing a bed with a 25 year old.) The clerk looked through his "available" rooms only to say they have no other rooms, but they would give us a 'roll-a-way'... Now if you have a bad back like my son & I do you know what a roll-a-way is like, it doesn't work. This was unacceptable. We deceided to find a room else where.

Well they told me it was the travel agents error that it was only one bed, so they were charging me for one night of the room, & I should try to get the money back from the travel agent...

The one thing I did not have handy was my conformation e-mail, I had the number, but not the e-mail. (my e-mail stated 2 queen beds)

The travel agent has tried to get me a refund from the hotel since it was the hotel's error... have not received any notification they refunded my money. they had no problem puting the room on my cc, but they sure do not want to admit their error in booking the room and refund my money.

My advise to fellow travelers... if you stay at this motel and make your reservations through any one else or web site, call this motel & verify the room you are getting is what you want. Make sure it is acceptable to you, if it is not, you will be able to cancel your reservation before the 24 hour prior notice they required.

Stayed September 2008
4 Thank am74011
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 June 2008

We had stayed at the property in the past and the staff had always been friendly. The management apparently had some changes and they adopted restrictive policies. We learned upon arrival that they we no longer pet friendly in fact I would consider them pet unfriendly at this time.

The little bar area closed early not conforming to the advertised timing.

The morning breakfast was poorly stocked and they did not staff it to keep it fresh during the morning rush.

All of this was disappointing for a facility that in the past had seemed to be striving to raise the bar in customer service.

I will be looking for other options in the future...

• Liked — They had upgraded their network connectivity
  • Disliked — Very restrictive / unfriendly policies by the management
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank soundguy157
Aurora, IL
Reviewed 12 November 2007

We traveled to Shawano with my father to visit some long time friends.
I found out quickly when trying to make reservations in town that it was a Packer game weekend and it was slim pickins. The Comfort Inn was
the only place that had rooms for our two night stay. We required an accessable room for my dad but were told that it was only available for the first night and he would have to change rooms the second night. When we arrived the front desk staff was friendly and accomodating. The property was newer, clean and well taken care of. Our rooms were spacious with very comfortable beds. We enjoyed the extensive breakfast buffet which had a very friendly and hard working staff member keeping the area clean and well supplied. The food was fresh and enjoyable. The staff was then able to make arrangements for my dad to stay in the accessable room which we were very grateful for. Every staff member was good natured, helpful and made you feel welcome.

• Liked — Friendly Staff, Welcoming atmosphere, Nice, newer place
  • Disliked — Could expand fitness area
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 2 August 2007

When I checked in the guy I walked up and asked the guy at the front desk , "how are you doing today?", his response "Fine until you got here". I know he was joking, but I guess I didn't get his humor. That aside the room was OK, not great, but OK. The one things they should tell people right up front is that there are NO BATHTUBS, only showers. I left a wine glass form the bar in the room and it stayed in my room for days, the cleaning lady didn't pick it up, even when I left it on the floor by the trash can.
Also, the in room movies are like $11.99 a movie and its handled by some strange company that you have to call up! That seems expensive to me?

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank Keston O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawano
Quality Inn & Suites
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Pulaski
Super 8 Shawano
Super 8 Shawano
#3 of 5 in Shawano

Been to Boarders Inn and Suites Shawano, WI? Share your experiences!